Savage/Tmaxx

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Batman, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Member

Which one is a better truck what should i get
  2. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-What do you plan to do with the truck? Bash around? Race? A little more info will help a lot of people to be able to give a better response.:)
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

if u want to bash get a savage its stronger but the t-maxx is better for racing.
  4. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

T-maxx 2.5for begginners in nitro because of the EZ Start 2 system it has, it also has reverse.
    Savage 25 has a bigger engine with pull start and has no reverse but can stand up to more punishment. You can get a reverse module for it but its about $35 extra then you also need another servo for it.

I preffer the SAVAGE 25
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

i love the savage 21
  6. Batman

Batman Member

thank you i think i have planned to get a savage cause me and a couple of bodies want to start rocl crawling with ours and i like the savage
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

What savage savage 21 or 25
  8. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i prefer the t-maxx, they have a ton of hop ups.and most stores around here carry the parts in stock, where they dont carry much for the savage,although it is a very nice truck. i just like the fact that i dont have to order all of my parts
  9. Batman

Batman Member

we have hoby shops here that will supply us with all monster truck part we have a store called tims hobby shop and is just huge we also have a place called hobbytown usa and it is huge
  10. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Savage21 I believe is discontinued besides the Savage25 would be better for rock crawling. It has a bigging engine with more torque and the tank has rear pick up. Just my thoughts
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

coo but i never even seen the savage 25 so thats why im going with the savage 21
  12. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

I don't know what to get either! I want a durable manuverable jumping 4x4 with reverse!
  13. alisar70

alisar70 Member

wHY GET A REVERSE MAN ITS NO GOOD (IN MY POINT OF VIEW)
  14. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

Alright but should i get the Savage or T-Maxx?
  15. mastmec

mastmec Member

They're both good trucks, depends on what you like.
  16. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Thats true, buy what u like Not what other people say
  17. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

Well I think im going to stick with the SAVAGE, ok.
  18. Batman

Batman Member

i am searching for the savage
  19. mastmec

mastmec Member

If you check out the rc mag web sites they have done many tests and put the T-maxx against all other monster trucks in all conditions, over-all the T-maxx wins every single time. The closest continder is the AE MT. On the race track the maxx is very hard to beat. I raced one for two years and could win just about every time, I got second once when my front upper arm broke half through the race, and still finished. In my opinion, the Savage is over rated, fun to drive, just like all the others, but still too heavy to race the MAXX.
  20. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Yup....T-Maxx is better. Lighter,Faster,Agile,Better. I am ordering one tonight. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.