savage question

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

i just got my savage 25 and getting ready to break it in, even though it doesnt say to in the manual do i need to run 6 tanks through it before full-throttle
  2. rustler

rustler Member

3. redheat

redheat Member

How does it tell you to break it in?
  4. rustler

rustler Member

the only thing it said was first make sure all wheels are off the ground idle it for alittle while thats it really nothing about taking it real easy for the first couple tanks
  5. rustler

rustler Member

man i got it up to full speed today and it worked horrible i was going no faster than when i was when i went 1/4-1/2 throttle it's not doing well in grass it will be going along and then it will stop and go the a mile per hour because it cant move in the grass. someone please help me!
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Keep in mind that your breakin setting are rea rich, so what are they? your gonna have to lean the H/S . Start by turning the H/s clock wise to lean 1/8 turn , get it off the grass and on a black top . Now slowly give it 1/4 to 1/2 throttle to full still running sluggish turn the H/S cw again .
  7. rustler

rustler Member

it told me to go from 4 1/2 turns back down to 2 1/2-3 turns out, can i do this all at once or should i turn it just alittle bit each time and if so how long should i wait before turning it again?
  8. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I would not go that far at once ever. I would lean it a little, run it a tank then go a little more. 1/8 to 1/4 turn at once max. Or if that is too slow for you mabye a half a tank at each one. Want to keep it richish for the first 5-10 tanks though. Others can probably help you more, just my 2 cents.
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Thats exactly what he should do to break it in. ;the break in proccess can be a pain in the butt , but it needs to be done. 41/2 t is a lot but as youll see the truck should start to run better as you lean it out and put more fuel threw it .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.