savage 25 upgrades

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by skull_rx3, Jun 25, 2006.

1. skull_rx3

skull_rx3 New Member

alright i need some info from all you owners out there on what hop ups to get for my savage 25. i am tring to avoid what my friend just had happen to him. he had a new t-maxx but just broke two shock caps and bent another shock. i want to know whats best ti replace all the plactic crap and great performance upgrades too to help extend the life of my new toy.
  2. rustler

rustler Member

I would defiantly suggest a new steering servo I also own a savage 25. the stock steering servo does not have the strenght to with hold the size and body weight of this vehicle. I put in a hi tec HS-645 steering servo. This servo is Hi tourqe and also has metal gears instead of the cheap plastic ones who have now. The problem with the stock servo is that if you go off jumps a lot or make hard turns often the gears with begin to corrode and tear a part but this servo is much more durable and is worth the 50 dollars.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

your better off keeping the plastic shocks how they are instead of aluminum and most of the plastic on the savage is really beefy and will take a lot harsher beating then parts on the t-maxx. aluminum is a lot more expensive and bends where plastic just breaks and its a lot cheaper to replace.