SAVAGE 25 Help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

Well my savage has been giving me a lot of problems lately and today was the second day i got it running for 2 months after yanking on the pull start for 2 HOURS. and i was driving it and it wouldnt hit second gear its about 45 degree's here in Northern kentucky. so at first my high speed needle was set at 3 1/2 so i tried it at 3 1/4 but nothing happened. then turned it up to 3 3/4 nothing happened and i still had no power and it wasnt hitting 2nd gear. Its not like i had hit it hard and broke it because it was hitting it fine yesterday any comment any will be appreciated thanks luke.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

since it is cold out warm the engine up first with a hair dryer before you try to start it this will also help it start easyer.

EDIT: It sounds as if the engine is cold and not able to get up to operating temp.
  3. rustler

rustler Member

Ok thanks i'll try that out 2morrow to late now
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

adjust it to shift earlier(lower revs) mine wasnt shifting and i have a modded .26 fully revving so i adjust the 2 speed and it was fine. if its too cold it doesnt matter how much you pull. it wont start. i have to use the blow drier if its under liek 55 degrees
  5. rustler

rustler Member

Sorry monsterrc but i am still learning where everythng is where can i adjust the 2 speed and how do i change it like which direction and how much
  6. rustler

rustler Member

Thanks though i will try the blow dryer
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

you know the rubber plug on the side of the tranny? i think the left side of the tranny. the hole closest to the rear and there are 2 bolts inside. one straite ona nd one is on an angle. you need the one on the angle. and i think to make it earlier shift you turn counter clockwise.
  8. rustler

rustler Member

OK i'll try that monster, but i have a question for all who have a savage first of all do you guys always have something wrong with it like stripped steering servos haveing trouble getting it started? And Also are your brakes as horrible as mine it takes me for ever to stop. My cousin has a t-maxx and his truck stops so fast it flips over the front end and it takes 15 ft for mine to stop? And finially i can not get mine started it sounds and feels like its flooded but i take the glow plug out and no fuel is in their when i pull the pull start, no fuel comeing out the exaust pipe and i have my high speed needle at 3 1/4 how else could this thing be flooded???????????
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

well id ont have the stock engine so i cant help you with the starting that much. but when its flooded i just take the line off so the fuel goes out of the tube and then put it back on the engine but pinch it and pull the pull start and after a couple pulls enough fuel should come out to start and wen it starts i let go off the tuebing and it goes. i have the dual disk brakes and i fliped the truck over completly onto its wheels not just the lid. never have trouble with the servo
  10. digdug72

digdug72 Member

No my savage runs like a champ,like monsterbuilder, I too have the dual disk brakes, need more stopping for a big block than a small block
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.