Savage 25 break in proccedue

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hey i got my savage 25 but i realised the brea in is taking VERY LONG

the whole day i was breaking in and not even a tank of break in

i started break but i realised the engine gets to hot so i kept on stopping the engine to cool it down is this normal i did this every 4 mins and let it cool for 15 mins
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

you are probly running it to hard. Do not run it at full throttle for more then a few seconds this can distord the piston and sleeve.
  3. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

break in with the first tank is just sitting on top of something with the wheels free to spin in the air...adjust the throttle to let me tires spin slowly...the next couple of tanks are too be run at no more than half throttle...engine temp should be around 200 to 275 degrees f.
  4. tnx

tnx Member

maybe richen it abit?
  5. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

it should come rich from the fatory no need to mess with the needles until AFTER you go through your first or second tank...and even then you would need to lean it not richen it...
  6. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

TNX>> you should update your website...it looks cool so for but it has been like that for a long time...time for more videos and pics...updates on mods you have done, and all the good stuff...
  7. tnx

tnx Member

ye im srry, but we are uinable to access the account, we mailed the host a while ago but he didnt return something back...ill try to login soon again, maybe he fixed it without notice...
  8. alisar70

alisar70 Member

i leave it on quater throttle for about 1 and a half min then let the engine cool after that i repeat (with whells of gground)
  9. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.