Saturn V

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Jun 23, 2006.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

I have been trying to build Ton Noteboom's Saturn V ( and I am running into problems with the S-IC stage. I can't seem to get the shape right. Are there any tricks to this, besides the formers?
    Also, the edges of the bottom section do not seem to line up. Some of the lines are missing. Should this model be printed some other way besides the default settings?
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hmmm... I have also mine printed now, still haven't started it though...

guys, any comment to this?
  3. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

check the FAQ's at the site.
  4. McPeek

McPeek Member

Is this what you mean jparenti about the parts not matching up?

If it is then I had the same problem with the one I built. It's not that big of a deal, but I might suggest making sure that the parts match up on the top so you have no problems with the upper stages.

The rings should take care of that. When you cut them out, make them a little bit big and work your way down until you get a good fit.

I printed mine "fit to page".

Hope that helps you out.
  5. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

fit to paper will definitely not be 1:96. you should be printing at 100%. I very rarely print a model at "fit to paper." exact percentages only.
  6. McPeek

McPeek Member

True, but with my version of Adobe Acrobat, the only choice I have when printing is "fit to page". Otherwise I run into the problem of parts "running off" the page if I dont use that option.
  7. blitzbob

blitzbob New Member

i must admit it took a little work in parts ut mine went together with little trouble.

8. jparenti

jparenti Member

I believe I've figured it out. My Adobe settings were printing too large, causing my parts to run off the page. As far as formers, I now try to cut them large and trim to fit, instead of following the lines exactly. I've since went back to the 1/96 version, waiting for the 1/48 version that's starting from the F-1 engines and working upward.
  9. McPeek

McPeek Member

Glad to hear you got things sorted out jparenti. The 1:96 version is a fine model.
    Post some pics when you get it finished.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

How the heck can anyone print Acrobat to the exact percentage that they want???

ps. I dont own a printer. I go to a copy shop and get them to print it.
  11. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

not easy but doable. use print to fit and then adjust the paper size to something that gets you to the right percentage. you need a printer that lets you use custom paper sizes.
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

or is you have photoshop you can open a pdf and center the image on a large page and print at any scale you selct in the options menu

John John
  13. jparenti

jparenti Member

Does anyone know of a Skylab model floating around? I know that Ton's Saturn V has an option for the launch configuration, but as far as the actual station itself, with the telescope mount and solar panel(s) unfolded, nothing. Just curious, since I'm on an Apollo hardware kick right now.
  14. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

hows this look? not quite ready yet:
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Are you going to have the Skylab available?
  16. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

17. jparenti

jparenti Member

I like how it's coming along! I was afraid someone had forgotten all about the country's first space station. Now I'll scale it up to 1/48 and add it to my collection when it's released. Patiently waiting... :grin:
  18. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

All right!!! I want the skylab too!!!