Saturn V Model Launch

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by WeeVikes, Oct 5, 2008.

1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

yeah, I'm sure once the "happy customer" pics go up I'm gonna get a lot of mail about a 1:96 lut...

That's not my giant saturn v, but was another "customer" who sent in the pics and video as a thank you. The center likes the cash thank you's, but I live for the written thank you notes, pic's, etc.

I have absolutely no idea what the UH-002 is. The rocketry club at the center was putting together the este's kits, so I sat in and as a teaser built up the UH-002 to show them the art of scratch building a rocket. This one was a bigger hit:

both have several washers in the nose cones to move the CG.
  2. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

That's cool! Is that Photoshopped somehow? I especially like that model in the background, though! ;-)

Is the giant Saturn V model based on Ton's rocket? What scale is it? I can't see the movie here at work, but I'll check it out at home.

If you do get e-mails, let 'em know it's NOT a paper LUT model. Parts of it are paper, but the tower is mostly wood and the launcher base is foamcore clad in posterboard and painted.
  3. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

The photo was too dark (no flash used and backlight) so I used a lasso tool to grab the rocket and then I bumped up the gamma correction to highlight the model. I did a very poor job of lasso'ing the rocket hence the "glow" effect as the gamma correction leaked into the background, but I kinda liked the effect, so I didn't fix it.

It is Ton's rocket at 1:48. I think the guy said he printed it on a Series E printer (the blueprint printer with 36" roll paper.)
  4. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

5. sakrison

sakrison Member

It appears that someone is spamming the forum.
  6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yea, I looked at her profile and it seems she spammed several others. Can we delete the pictures and ban the user?
  7. I second that.
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

hmm..perhaps she has been banned already. I am checking in on her activity and it hasn't changed yet.

However can the post be deleted?