Saturn 1B by sir Tone Noteboom

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hey Guys, Neils just broke the great news at the Yahoo Space Paper Models group!!!

sir Ton released his 1B in 1/48 (YES!!!) scale!!!

get it in sir Jonathan's site!!! :-D
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

have you got a link
  3. Hans Christian

4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sir jon's site. Seems obvious now I think about it.
    Thanks for the link anyway.
  5. fructose

fructose Member

Very nice... Too bad I don't have anywhere I can put it. :(

I'll still have to build it though.
  6. the mole

the mole Member

I have downloaded this model and it looks great. Thanks Tone.
    I have a question and it may be a stuped one, but are you sure it is scaled at 1/48 and not 1/96?
  7. adensley

adensley Member

It is 1/96 for sure. Having built the other 1/96 scale 1B available I know the size of the parts on the page and this is no way 1/48. The base plate for the first stage alone covers an entire A4 page in 1/48.

It is a lovely detailed model and way above what has been available but hopefully it will be scaled up to 1/48th as that is what I really want.

8. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

just downloaded the files and checked them against the 1:96 Saturn V - this kit is unfortunately 1:96 but nevertheless a very beautiful model

greetings from austria
  9. the mole

the mole Member

Thanks Tony. I thought maybe it was just me. I also had built the 1/96 Saturn 1B. I hope a 1/48 scale comes avable also.
  10. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm already busy building this as the ASTM version. :grin: It will fit nicely with ekuth's SA-5 and surfduke's SA-1.
    A 1/48 would be great as well. I have Sir Ton's 1/48 Gemini-Titan on display, along with the beginnings of Greelt's 1/48 Saturn V.
  11. the mole

the mole Member

I agree a 1/48 would be outstanding, but I feel we are all so lucky we have these 1/96 scale Saturn 1B to build. Carls SA-1 is just about done, and his SA-6 is waiting in the wings.

We are all very lucky these designers give us such fine designes.
    My hat is off to all of you.
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Ton confirmed on the Space Paper Models group that it is, indeed, 1:96 scale, as many of you have already determined.

Darn nice model, isn't it?:)

Thank you, Ton, for another superb model! And thanks to you, Jon, for hosting it on your fabulous web site!

13. adensley

adensley Member

Fantastic model Jim. I have built the Space Launch Report version before but this is so much better, especially with the ASTP mod included. One thing missing from that is the launcher designation of the bottom boosters that reads SA-?? according to the individual launch.

1/48th would be da bom though.

14. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

wacha talking about???

it says 1:96... ;)
  15. Hans Christian

I guess I've misread the text... very sorry guys...

and also, I've also mispelled sir Ton's name... oh boy...

guess that thesis of mine is really getting into me...
  16. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

It is a fine model

Thank You Ton for the great work.

17. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Thank you Ton, Thank you Jon

Thank you Ton for sharing this model with all off us.
    It is great.
    Thank you Jon for hosting this (and many other fine stuff).

18. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Fits perfectly between Ekuth's SA-5 and my Revell Saturn V. You all may be sorry it's not 1/48, but it suits my display very well. 1/48 makes a beautiful model, but it's just too dang big for a collection.

Thanks again to Ton and Jon for making this beautiful model available to all of us out here in Card-land.

Steve Austin
  19. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm almost done with this model now. I build a lot of 1/48 myself, but I really love the way this model is turning out, whatever the scale. I need to save room for Greelt's Saturn V anyway. :grin: (Still building F-1s at this point...)
  20. Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave New Member

The SATURN-1B has always been my favorite US Manned Space vehicle, especially in Apollo 7 color pattern. To me, it just "looks right" as a space exploration vehicle !