Saskatoon Trains

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
So i was driving home from work yesterday and get stopped at the crossing on Idylwild.

Heres the pics i took with my camera phone as they rolled by.

dsc00036es5.jpg

dsc00037mf7.jpg

dsc00038du1.jpg

dsc00039qi3.jpg

Looks like that crack in my window showed up pretty good. :)

Enjoy.

PS anyone else on here live in central Saskatchewan??

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Saskatoon! You guys have a budding musician that I recently heard on the radio here in Little Rock. We first saw Kyle Riabko at a Jackopierce concert in St Louis, and the next day at Kansas City. Then on a big 'Great Lakes' drive we saw him on Canada Day in Ottawa.

I don't really have much train related to add to this. Sorry! It's always fun to see big iron in something other than UP yellow :)

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
Uh, "big modern DC-traction locomotives" might be considered to be a contradiction? Uh, I would perhaps rephrase it that "CP only buys big modern AC-traction locomotives". They're rapidly adding a whole bunch of ES44ACs to their fleet of high-horsepower freight locos.

Now, if you want to see power in action, you should see them going through Kicking Horse Pass in the Rockies between Lake Louise and Field BC.

Hey Mike, it's been several years since I last visited Saskatoon but one of my favourite past-times in the evening was to walk the rail yards. I guess a lot of that trackage in the downtown area has now been pulled up?

Bob M.

PS - By comparison, CN only buys C44-9Ws - ie the DC version of the AC4400.

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
One of my favorite places to spend time is walking along the CPR rail bridge with the walkway overlooking the spillway. I am still waiting for the opportunity to be up their when a train goes by. 6' away on a perfectly safe walkway. Not much better a place for rail fanning. I recommend walking this bridge for any visitor to the Saskatoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_Bridge_(Saskatoon)
64214181aa08ank4.jpg

64229181afa24gw9.jpg

64201da5.jpg

saskriverd65101820212ctv5.jpg

~credit note~ I did not take these pictures. They are random pics taken from the internet to show off the bridge to my family. I no longer know the sources or i would site them.