Santa Update!

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by silverw, Dec 22, 2004.

1. silverw

silverw Member

SANTA Update!

One of SANTA'S helpers, aahhh....let's call him "Cecil", found another bag of presents.
    If you have already visited SANTA, at Happy Holidays to All!! thread, perhaps you should visit again, and check out the BIG RED PARCEL!

BTW: I think it is really nice to see all the cards, pictures and Season's Greetings in the Happy Holidays to All!! thread.
    There's no place like home! :lol:
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Outstanding...very, very nice.

Thanks one and all, and merry one and all to everyone 8v)
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, thanks Bill!

Santa sure is generous this year!! :D

I must not have been a very good boy because the instructions file didn't open right, seems the illustrations did not download. :cry:

I am so very happy with the many postings on the "Happy Holidays to All!" thread, particularly with everyone sharing photos of their family with us all! :D

As I said, to my extended family here at the very best for a happy and peaceful Holiday!! :D

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You guys are AMAZING!

Thanks again!
  5. mapuc

mapuc Member

No you haven't done anything wrong. The instructionsfile does first work after 25th of dec on xmas day. And it says clealy "Do not open before xmas"

6. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Markus.

That could be just a poor attempt at humor! :oops:
    You can probably open it now, but don't let anyone see you! :!:
    And you know who is watching!
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Okay, I secreted myself to some dark corner, re-downloaded the file and extracted it, but the instruction file still comes up with no illustrations!

Well, at least it's not a lump of coal. :lol:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, Bill? I used both "Word" and "Internet Explorer" to open the file, but when it opens, no photos or illustrations, just those cute, little boxes with a red "x" in them.... :cry:

8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Bill, Cecil

Many thanks for the original, and then the updated, Christmas presents. That was most thoughtful of you booth.

If I ever get around to the Curtis model, Cecil, I'll be sure to take you up on the offer for additional material. It is such a nice aircraft, and you did so well in 1/48. Congratulations on a well-deserved first prize!

9. silverw

silverw Member

I don't know Jim, I get the same. I've contacted Cecil about it. Perhaps he can help us out.
  10. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Hi gang,

The html file included in the zip file under the "Free Models" section does not work as I had expected it to work. I was trying to save space by breaking things up and saving the article as an html. Apparantly all the tags in the html file link to larger files still on my PC. Do not despair though, the original condensed construction article is posted under the parts bin in it's complete megabyte plus form at:

So maybe the posted file under "Free Models" could be deleted and Bill could change his link to point to this download instead.

I hope that I explained this so someone could understand it.

11. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Cecil.
    I changed the link. It appears that you have to login to get this on to work.

12. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Bill! :D
    Now I have it.

Merry Christmas!!