Santa Fe Gp60

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by pawmaw, Dec 7, 2003.

1. pawmaw

pawmaw New Member

I have LL P2K GP-60 Santa Fe # 4028 engine that I want to add the manufacturer supplied details to. The problem is that LL does not supplies instructions, drawings or pictures of location and etc.
    Does any body have any experience, drawing or etc that they could post or give location of that will help me to install these items? Have air conditioner, antenna, truck struts and sun shades and wind screens that I know of.

Your help will be appreciated.

Paul in Missouri
  2. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

Are you looking for the "how delivered" from EMD details or what SF did after they took delivery?

Detail Associates makes most if not all the super-detailing parts you will need.

The below link will take you the SP detailers site of which DRGW - later merged with ATSF may be of some help.

I have the DRGW 3154 from P2K and they are pretty much similiar in detailing to what ATSF did.
  3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

D&RGW did not merge with Santa Fe. They bought S.P., and dropped D&RGW in favor of continuing S.P. which of course was bought by U.P. and is fast disappearing into armour yellow. You might find more info at the Santa Fe Modeler's & Historical Society at
  4. pawmaw

pawmaw New Member

I just want to add the uninstalled details Life Like had in the box
    with the shell. They included a snow plow, air conditioner roof unit, small Sinclair antenna with what appears to be piping, two struts for the trucks, sun shield and air diverter for the windows. There is also two gray plastic items I canot identify. The biggest may be a template as it has numerous holes in it . With no instruction sheet or a picture of a Santa Fe roof I can't tell where the AC unit or the antenna go.

5. Russ Bellinis

Did your loco come without any instruction sheet, or is the one that is included just lacking in detail? P2k usually have good instruction sheets included. If yours didn't have it, try contacting Lifelike, they will probably be happy to send you a copy.
  6. pawmaw

pawmaw New Member

The enclosed instruction sheet tells how to take the unit apart and a diagram with part numbers. Nothing regarding adding enclosed details not installed by the manufacturer. Eric Goodman who models the ATSF has helped me.

7. Russ Bellinis

I'm glad to hear someone was able to help. I model Santa Fe, but my modeling is all from the 50's or earlier, so Gp60's are a little after my time frame.
  8. MikeL

MikeL New Member

Assuming this is a P2K unit, check the inside of the shell for drill starter points. On my GP9PhII, there are little dimples/holes where you can drill out, for instance the three holes to match the mounting pegs on the winterization hatch.
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member