Santa came from Santa Fe this year …

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
… and brought me this Stewart FT A-B-B-A set. Unless we move to a bigger house (very unlikely) I will never have a layout with a long mainline to run a long passenger train – but who cares. They are so beautiful. I already started to detail the engines (grabs, windsreen wipers, MU hoses etc.).

ft1.jpg

ft2.jpg

ft3.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW!!!:eek: NICE FT's Kurt!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: your layout REALLY sets them off too!:thumb: GREAT SHOTS KURT!:D GLAD Santa was good to ya;). :D -Deano

N

nachoman

Well, the locos have been complimented, and the layout has been complimeted, but NICE PHOTOS as well! Were these taken outside? The lighting is perfect.

kevin

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
OUTSTANDING!!! Great pictures - great layout scene. My hat's off to you! Is that HO? Your detailing of the scenery is great (please be advised I'll be borrowing your great ideas and incorporating them into my layout as soon as possible.) Yep, those units are just begging for a long string of passenger cars in tow. What company made the diesel units btw?

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Deano, Mikey, thank you for your very kind words. Kevin, thank you too. The photos were taken inside. I only use flourescent lamps (color 5000° k). Herc, yes it’s HO. The engines were made by Bowser/Stewart.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I recieved a pair of FT's for Christmas too! :thumb: They are ATSF's Catwhicker scheme though! :cool: Many thanks to Livenletdie for the fabulous trade!

May you have endless hours of enjoyment with your new set, and isn't it SO neat that the numberboards light up?!

Merry Christmas Kurt!

Attachments

• 1940_emd_santa_1200_edit1_small.jpg
    1940_emd_santa_1200_edit1_small.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 156

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Herc, thank you once again for your nice words. Miles, merry Christmas to you. I am already having endless hours of enjoyment with my FTs. To detail four engines is quite a bit of work :) . And the lighted number boards are really neat. Can you post a pic of your catwhiskers? I’d really like to see them :wave: .

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt
Those FT's are sweet!.....You must have been a very GOOD boy!
I have only one other thing to say: ANYTIME you want to post a pic of your AWESOME work...YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT!!!!!!!!!! It blows me away every time I see it!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Never say never about not having space for a bigger layout. Until then, you can build up that long passenger consist and make a display shelf for it.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Steve, you are too good to me as usual :D . Thank you for your very kind words. Jim, you are right – never say never. I am thinking of getting some Athearn passenger cars to make a nice looking consist.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
WoW...!!! That's the most beautiful consist EVER...!!! Though a dyed-in-the-wool steam fan, I can't wait to have a Super Chief passenger train zooming through my layout.
What good things did you do during the year to deserve this from Santa...???:thumb:

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Gus, I didn’t get caught speeding and I am always nice to old ladies :D . Ralph thank you. There is not very much more worth seeing on my layout at the moment. But I promise to post pictures if I get something finished.

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Those are some nice looking diesels... we don't need that big layout to run the Chiefs... it can be in our dreams! Hahaha. A temporary solution for myself anyway.

But those loco's look great, and it seems the detailing of them (and the layout) is coming along wonderfully!