San Diego Area

Discussion in 'North America' started by Bionic Modeler, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hey there! Any of you folks from San Diego or nearby? I would like to get a Model club started in this area. Any takers? I need designers, builders and Collectors. Also any help I can get in what it takes to get a club started. But I thought first I would explore the interest here.

So send me your e-mail address if interested and I will keep a database file. i will contact you if things develope. Fear not, I will treat your address as if it were my own, which by the way is my usename
  2. TheS.P.Caboose

TheS.P.Caboose New Member

I'm in the Los Angeles area and have an extra copy of Southern Pacific's western region timetable (effective October 25, 1987) if you're interested let me know and I'll sent you one.
  3. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

I'm near Gilroy, San Jose, San Fransisco:D
  4. modano1

modano1 Member

In Chula Vista

I live in Chula Vista, and would interested.
  5. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

There are a few of us that meet at the IPMS-Orange County club and show our models and talk and show off our new Kits. The club meets on the 3rd Friday of the month and welcomes paper modelers. We would really enjoy a visit from you.

We did have a Paper Modelers Club in LA a couple of years ago but due to the lack of modelers and a covenant meeting location it just fizzled out.

Jim Nunn
  6. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Agh, Orange county? :( Man, I can't attend, I wish I could, but I could only go if I attended the JRYNYCL Thing, and probably pass by there...

Are there any other clubs near the Gilroy , HOllister area?
  7. Chthulhu

Chthulhu Member

Escondido, here; my wife and I have made it up to the Orange County IPMS meetings a couple of times, but Gilroy is a bit too far for those.

timhinds1 and modano1: a few of us in the SoCal area attend one or both of the SF conventions in San Diego each year, and set up a fan table to promote paper modeling. ConDor ( is in the spring around Easter, and ConJecture ( is coming up at the end of September. My wife and I will be at ConJecture, and I'm hoping some of the OC folks will make it down as well (hint! hint!). Feel free to join us.
  8. armchair

armchair New Member

San Diego area paper

Hi, I am in Yuma AZ, but sometimes get to SD for visits. Keep me in the loop.

Glen Wasson aka Armchair