Samurai Armor?

sakrison

Banned
I'm looking for a Samurai figure or samurai armor in a paper model kit. So far, all I've found is paper flats. Can anyone help?
--David

Fishcarver

Samurai Armour

David: The Osprey series "Arms and Armour/ Men at Arms " series have at least two titles dealing with samurai armour. There is a lot of excellent info to be found there.

As I recollect,the armour used by the samurai of the early shogunate period was made up of laminations of boiled leather, rivitted together after the ancient Mongol practice. Later, chain mail was incorporated.

Jim

PS: Did you receive the model for the exhibt?

col. kurtz

I HAVE JUST GOT HOLD OF PLANS TO BUILDS A SAMURAI ARMOUR SUIT WHICH CAN BE BUILT IN ANY SCALE IM ABOUT TO START IT AND ONCE I HAVE SOME PHOTOS ILL UPDATE ...THERES ALOT TO IT SO IT COULD BE A WHILE GUYS AS IVE GOT SEVERAL OTHER BUILDS GOING PLUS LIFE...THE WASHING HOUSEWORK ETC (THE BORING STUFF ):thumb:

col. kurtz

ok guys jst decided im gonna build thisas a full samurai armour suit at 1/3 scale of the real deal its probably gonna take a few months as i want it to look a1 have printed some of the base plans wich i will post photos of in the next couple of days :thumb:

Boba Frett

ok guys jst decided im gonna build thisas a full samurai armour suit at 1/3 scale of the real deal its probably gonna take a few months as i want it to look a1 have printed some of the base plans wich i will post photos of in the next couple of days :thumb:

Did you make any progress on this? :)

think-floyd

I know it's a long time since this request was posted, but I came across this, and remembered reading this post.

Translated from japanese courtesy of the good folks over at google!

If you didn't want to make the full scale one, you can also get a small version here!

Happy crafting!

Helmets

I got the helmet on the right- a very nice little build - but can't find the left example - does anyone have a link please?

Attachments

• samurai_helmet_papercrafts.jpg
    samurai_helmet_papercrafts.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 33
Sithcundman

Thank you sooo much. I was kindly sent the copy of the missing helmet and both make very fine little models and now you've shown me more. I'll have to make them all. If anyone is up to making some body armour to go with these.