Salutations from KY Mountains & Lakes...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by tazman3, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

I have a great friend who introduced me to paper modeling, RonC. Thanks to him, and looking forward to much fun here at Zealot.

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! What types of models are you into the most?
  3. tazman3

Well, essentially the same as what they were when I was into plastics....Sci-Fi (I have an affinity for giant robots) & Aviation (helos mostly, followed by modern jets).

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to spend the next few days pouring through the tips - technique sections. My friend I mentioned moved away before I could get into these things, and I'm a little lost when it comes to proper techniques and such.

This might be a good time to ask this...what would you (anyone) recommend as a good first few models. I have about 24 yrs experience with plastics, so I'm no stranger to building complex models. But I have little experience with paper.:rolleyes:
  4. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Welcome Tazman!

Hey Taz,
    Welcome to the group! I'm still alive and kicking, but not a active as I used to be (due to various other things). But I still keep an eye open and do what I can. Looking forward to some of your builds, I know they'll be great!

BTW, I haven't given up on the Starfury, just got side tracked!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  5. tazman3

Hey buddy! I'm so glad you ARE a part of this group...I figured you were. I thought to if I mentioned your name you would remember my old user name! :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm going to give paper modelling another try, I have been out of plastics for a while now, and I'm still getting bit by the building bug practically every day. So I got to do something! And paper is just so easy to get into...but as we both know, and I'm sure everyone here knows it can grow into a monster! LOL!! But we love it, eh?

So, have you done anything since the Enterprise bridge? I think that was the last one...right?
  6. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.