Sailor Figures

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by pashlispaht, Jul 2, 2008.

1. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

Does anyone know of a source of sailor figures (like British sailors from Napoleonic War era) in 1/96 or 1/100 scale?
  2. David H

David H Member

I had a look for some 15mm wargames figures for gun crews and officers, but after a while with no luck I gave up.

I suppose one could convert architectural or railway figures...

Keep us posted.

3. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

I know they are out there, the Shipyard cover for the HMS Bellona shows a miniature sailor sitting on the "seats of ease" up in the bow of the ship and a miniature admiral pacing on the poop deck. I remember seeing a thread somewhere by Scorpio of his HMS Victory build where he had a miniature Nelson figure standing on the model to get some sense of the size of the actual ship. Just where are people finding them?
  4. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Have you tried Junior Generals:

They have lots and lots of gaming pieces.
  5. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

I checked them out; interesting but not quite what I had in mind... I think what I am looking for are 15mm miniatures made from metal. There seem to be quite a lot of these for land units but I have not had any luck finding British sailors from that era. I have done quite an exhaustive search for them so far with no luck. I also checked quite a few wooden ship modeling sites and it seems like 1/96 scale is not really popular for wood modeling. Lots of stuff in 1/74 but figures for model warships are few and far between...
  6. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

I have managed to locate 15mm sailor miniatures, however no photos are available. The company that makes them is called Minifigs and their website is -

They sell them in packs of 24 for a very reasonable price, about $8 for the naval gun crew, British seamen, and marines, and $15 for a British longboat with crew. I will post pictures when I receive my order, but photos of their soldiers give me the impression that their quality is pretty good and that they should be suitable for my objective of providing a crew for my HMS Bellona model. Now all I need is a source for 9 and 18 lb cannons in 1/96 scale. Any takers?
  7. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

8. David H

David H Member

Mini Figs were a well known and respected supplier of wargames figures in my youth. I still have some lovley simple First World War troops in 15mm.

I cannot wait to see what your crew will look like on deck. Arrrr!