Sailboat 26 "

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by albert1960, Jan 1, 2012.

1. albert1960

albert1960 New Member

Sympathetic sailboat 26 "paper.
    Originally to scale 1: 40, but in view seemed a bit small, and extends, to leave on a scale of approximately 1: 30, with the aim of most of the pieces do not fall short of the expansion , hence this scale.
    The final measures are approximately 30 cm. x 11 cm. x 43 cm.

Best regards
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Beautiful job.I have been wanting to do this one myself. You have done it great justice. Beautiful!!
  3. inky

inky Member

Very nice job. I started this once but got frustrated because of the small parts. I have been wanting to start it again and do like you and build it in a bigger scale.
  4. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Awesome job!
  5. albert1960

albert1960 New Member

Good mornimg from Barcelona:
    It's nothing complicated, as the page is in PDF, and can be extended easily. What I did was extend the helmet is the single most garnde until they fit into the whole A4 sheet and the percentage of extension to the other pieces. There are some parts like the mast to be from a sheet because it is not ..

best regards
  6. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Beautifull build. Downloaded that a couple of years ago. Just an FYI, there is a smaller version on the site, just below this one. Love the fact it has a cradle to show it off.

Just Beautiful!
  7. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

I like it. It is very nice.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I usually don't like models that have reflective surfaces, as in the "glass" painted in or the stays "flat pieces' with painted raised details. However, this is where Zio's artistic ability comes in. The model looks wonderful assembled. When I first printed the .pdf of this I thought "noway", but then realized that the sum of the parts were far greater than the whole. This is a beautiful sailboat model, a classic, and being a former sailor myself, I loved it. My Cat didn't. She was a land lubber and that's all I will say about that! I owe it to myself to do this boat over again and now that I have an Epson 1100, I am going to build it BIG!!!

Build this model, you will be very happy and satisfied, and your friends will ask you for it, and if she is pretty................................................:)