Sagrada Familia (Canon)

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by gkots, Jan 21, 2010.

1. gkots

gkots New Member

Hello to everyone!
    I have joined "paperworld" 10 months ago. Everyday, I read the forum and I must mention that I have learned too many things until today.
    I've just finished the construction of Sagrada Familia model by Canon. This is my tenth model and the most difficult until now. So, I attach some photos from the construction time and from the final built. Sorry for the funny background of some photos...:eek:
    I am waiting for your comments!:wave:

Attached Files:

2. gkots

gkots New Member

more photos...

Attached Files:

3. gkots

gkots New Member

...and...the final view...

Attached Files:

4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I'd say you have learned quite well. Beautiful build of a magnificent structure. I particularly like the last four pictures. :thumb::thumb:
  5. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

Excellent Job!! Wish I had the $$ for ink...this one looks fun!!
  6. Tirt

Tirt Member

very clean and very nice build!
    excellent work!!
    how many hours does it take to finish the model?
  7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Impressive! :thumb:
  8. gkots

gkots New Member

I worked four months on this model. But I don't know exactly how many hours, I spent. Usually, I was working 10-15 hours per week, but not all the weeks.
    Thanks all of you for your comments :)
  9. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Chosen for Picture of The Week on the main page... sterling work! :thumb:
  10. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

An excellent choice, well-deserved!! Congratulations!!
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

Nice job on POTW, its an excellent build, especially for your 10th model only!
    Keep it up and there is more stellar work to come I am sure :) only suggestion I might have is a bit of edge coloring would really push it up another notch :)
  12. gkots

gkots New Member

thanks, thanks for your kind words... Now I am thinking of getting into aviation paper world... I have seen beautiful aviation models in this forum and I feel ready to make this new step.

Chris, I have already painted the edges but the color was a little lighter and did not match exactly with the model color. Maybe I have missed some edges that are visible in photos...
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

AH! Thats why they werent really obvious then, I couldnt always tell they werent colored. It could just be the flash too - I noticed the flash tends to bring out the worst in some edge coloring techniques. May I ask how you colored them? I smidge darker is usually preferrable to a smidge lighter for overall effect. I tend to use just black cause I have never had much luck trying to match colors ;) but I am a bit lazy too!
  14. gkots

gkots New Member

I think you are right. Using flash,the lighter colors are more "visible" than darker colors. In my photos, I used my desk light instead of the camera's flash.
    The color of the model (which depends on printer settings, inks and paper quality) is light brown (also it has a yellow tone). So I tried to create the same color tone using my watercolors. I believe that if I was more careful, I would have better results. I believe that it is very useful to be patient with the colors. Just paint on a draft paper, wait until it goes dry and after that compare with the model color. However, don't be afraid the color mixing. Besides, the coloring is a standard procedure of paper modelism. Coloring black, is not the best solution, because the edges will be visible again (with or without flash)...especially if model's colors are lighter.
  15. jmsantaclawzz

jmsantaclawzz New Member

Fantastic. Great work.
  16. Hi-Torque

Hi-Torque Member

Beautiful work!
  17. corypoole

corypoole New Member

Nice. It looks much cleaner than mine...
  18. calotuc

calotuc New Member

hello friend wanted to leave you my congratulations for such a successful model, I also started this work and now I will be posting, thanks for the photos, I leave you my greetings
  19. MIIK900

MIIK900 New Member

Congrats on the great model, I hope I get as good by my 10th model. Keep up the great work!
  20. SrLuis

SrLuis New Member

wow !!! by first time pic of the finish model !! great job, congrats !!!

es la primera vez que lo veo terminado al modelo, felicitaciones !!!