sad news

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by wt&c, Jun 14, 2001.

1. wt&c

wt&c Guest

I learned that Tim Marletter (T.K.Marletter) passed away yesterday afternoon at his home in Frostburgh,MD, he was 73. This is a big loss for The Guage.
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hello wt&c, Sorry to hear about the passing away of Tim Marletter (T.K.Marletter) it's always very sad when you lose a friend. My thoughts go to his family.

Shamus
  3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

My sincerest condolences to family and friends for Tim.

"So near, yet so far, and so sudden".

A special "TOOT".
  4. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Sorry to hear that one of our fraterity has passed on to that great Railway, where the lines come together. Rest peacefully
  5. George

George Member

Thoughts and prayers to the family. We'll all miss T.K.

George.
  6. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Although I did not know this fellow I to pass sympathies. Remember to always seize time to visit friends and family, it may not come again.

Take care;
    Ken
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Just stopped by this whistle stop to offer my sympathies.............. May the Lord be with the Family......
  8. wt&c

wt&c Guest

thanks guys, I'm copying and pating this to Tim's wife, she would like this.
    yea, I suppose Tim's up there getting ready to run another train over the west end. he was always the one to be extra sure about being right with God.

also, I think some of his stories are up in the usa trains forums.

------------------
    NARA Member #8
    www.a&a.77th.com/
    The Appalachian & Atlantic Railroad
    "QUALITY at WORK with SAFTEY in MIND"

[This message has been edited by wt&c (edited 06-14-2001).]
  9. LC

LC Member

Sad news indeed, may his family and friends find comfort in knowing he is in a better place, his input will be missed. He really had wonderful things to pass on to us.

Lance
  10. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Thanks for passing on the news wt&c, terrible as it is. I think I can speak for all the Admin & Members of The Gauge in offering our deepest condolences to Tim's family and close friends. He will be missed

Dave Hagan
    The Gauge
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

While I did not know Tim, I pass on my condolences to his family. This is a very difficult time but it something we all face and need to learn to celebrate the great life that someone like Tim had.

------------------
    Robin
    NARA member #2
    http://members.nbci.com/Matthyro MAT
  12. Voice

Voice Member

Its always sad to hear that someone has passed away...especially someone like Mr. Marletter. His stories of life on the railroad I found very interesting, and I looked forward to finding them. It is good, though, that he just recently spent time with some of his grandkids. My thoughts and prayers for his family. He will be missed by more than just them.

Dick
  13. Virginian

Virginian Member

I'm shocked and sad. I looked forward to maybe meeting Tim on my next visit "home" to Virginia.
    My prayers go out to his family, esp. the little ones he so recently visited with.
    God Bless you all.

Lenny, grandson of another God fearing, 'coal haulin' engineer,who's now with the Good Lord Jesus

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-15-2001).]
  14. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

The Conductor, the Good Lord himself told Tim it's time to get on the final passenger train. My thoughts and prayers goes towards his wife and the rest of his family.

Andy
  15. Peirce

Peirce Member

The good memories live on. We are saddened by Tim's passing, but consider ourselves fortunate to have some of those good memories right here on this board.

Peirce