sad news

W

wt&c

I learned that Tim Marletter (T.K.Marletter) passed away yesterday afternoon at his home in Frostburgh,MD, he was 73. This is a big loss for The Guage.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hello wt&c, Sorry to hear about the passing away of Tim Marletter (T.K.Marletter) it's always very sad when you lose a friend. My thoughts go to his family.

Shamus

W

wt&c

thanks guys, I'm copying and pating this to Tim's wife, she would like this.
yea, I suppose Tim's up there getting ready to run another train over the west end. he was always the one to be extra sure about being right with God.

also, I think some of his stories are up in the usa trains forums.

------------------
NARA Member #8
www.a&a.77th.com/
The Appalachian & Atlantic Railroad
"QUALITY at WORK with SAFTEY in MIND"

[This message has been edited by wt&c (edited 06-14-2001).]

LC

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
Sad news indeed, may his family and friends find comfort in knowing he is in a better place, his input will be missed. He really had wonderful things to pass on to us.

Lance

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Thanks for passing on the news wt&c, terrible as it is. I think I can speak for all the Admin & Members of The Gauge in offering our deepest condolences to Tim's family and close friends. He will be missed

Dave Hagan
The Gauge

Voice

Mar 2, 2001
central Iowa
Visit site
Its always sad to hear that someone has passed away...especially someone like Mr. Marletter. His stories of life on the railroad I found very interesting, and I looked forward to finding them. It is good, though, that he just recently spent time with some of his grandkids. My thoughts and prayers for his family. He will be missed by more than just them.

Dick

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
I'm shocked and sad. I looked forward to maybe meeting Tim on my next visit "home" to Virginia.
My prayers go out to his family, esp. the little ones he so recently visited with.
God Bless you all.

Lenny, grandson of another God fearing, 'coal haulin' engineer,who's now with the Good Lord Jesus

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-15-2001).]