Sad News....

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by McFortner, Apr 24, 2007.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

I regret to inform all of you that after 9 months, my son Mark James Fortner passed away. I was at work at 911 when I received the call from my wife informing me that he had stopped breathing. He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced shortly thereafter.

While I will read the boards infrequently the next few weeks, I probably won't be posting for a while.

Thanks for all of your wishes and prayers for the last nine months for my youngest son. He was a fighter and gave it all up until the end.

2. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Sorry to hear that michael .
  3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

This is horrible news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

4. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Michael... I am so very sorry to learn of the loss of your son. You and your's will be in my thoughts and prayers,

5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Really sorry to hear about his passing. I cannot imagine the sense of loss and pain you are both going through. My sincerest condolences to you and your wife and pray you will find the strength to get through these very difficult days.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I'm very sorry to hear about this. :(
    Death is a difficult thing to deal with but I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child. You will be in our prayers.
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I wish both you and your wife every peace and comfort Michael.
  8. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

I am so sorry to hear about your sons passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
  9. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

this is horrible,im very sad to hear this and im sure the rest of the gauge feels the same.just dont give up what you love,you must keep going man.sorry.--josh
  10. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

My deepest sympathies to you and your wife.
  11. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

No words to say that could...

12. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I'm deeply saddened by this. That's certianly something no one family should go through at such an early stage. My thoughts and optimism will be with you, and your family. May your son rest in peace.
  13. jlg759

jlg759 Member

My deepest sympathies to you and your wife.
  14. CCT70

CCT70 Member

You have my condolences as well. I have lost two infants and it is the hardest thing you'll ever go through, but if you need anything, let me know. My email is attached to my posts.
  15. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

As I sit here looking at my children I can not even think about the pain your family has. I wish you all the best and trust that you will have enough support through this time.

God Bless.
  16. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

wow, thats horrible. I am sorry to hear such horrible news.
  17. Trainiac77

Trainiac77 Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your great loss. You are in our prayers, deepest sympathies to you and your wife.

God Bless,
  18. J. Steffen

J. Steffen Member

I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
  19. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

I'm really sorry to hear this sad news -- it's really sad, and I write as a father of two boys. You will be in my prayers as well. Rob
  20. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Michael, my condolences.