Sad News .. The Paper Model Store is Closing

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by allhallowseve, Mar 16, 2008.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Due to an agreement with Disney, the Paper Model Store will be permanently closing. This is your last chance to help support the the site, aside from donations.

Home/Site News
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thats a shame. Is it just the store bought models or the free ones as well, that will be taken down.

I've just bought the Mark Twain riverboat, looks very good. My niece and me have built the sleeping beauty castle. It would be a shame to see the site go down. I hope it's just the store.
  3. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

From what i read the site closeing down too. So i download any free model now before there all gone :(
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow, I wonder what that's all about. I DL'd the Castle for my Wife, but could not get the River Boat, it kept defaulting back to the main DL page. How do I get the digital download, send them an e-mail?
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Go to the link above, then click on paper model store on left of page. This comes up with a list of models with 2 tabs that say 'add to cart', use the green tab. This opens another page where you can pay for the download. You will then get an email with a link to download the model.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool beans, thanks Paul. I was going around in circles. Doh!:thumb:

7. The latest entry and comments in Trader Sam's blogspace aren't quite so dire. Yes, the Paper Model Store is closing, but the Disney Experience models will NOT be removed. In fact, Trader Sam is allowed to continue his work -- and some future models will be for Disney! (Pirates beware -- now Trader Sam is backed up by Disney attorneys!)

The Head Shrinker

Congratulations, Trader Sam, and best wishes on your new working relationship with the Mouse!
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Great news. I love to hear stuff like this!
  9. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Woooooo that good news , I still want the Jack sled from nightmare before christmas !!!
  10. bclemens

bclemens Member

This is a shame- Great selection- Great service- and very close to me by Priority Mail. I just got a delivery from them today- maybe one of the last ones they shipped out.

They were out of stock on one thing I ordered, so instead of refunding my money or placing it on "back order", they gave me a very cool "bonus model"- a 1999 edition F-82 night fighter:

This will go in my permanent collection. When I tried to go to the web site to thank them, it was no longer accessible.

Sorry to see them go.
  11. I might get the Mark twain boat, that is an awesome looking one, but I dont have the money to get the Wicked Queens Heart Box too :sad::sad::sad:
    My little cousin would love that one!
  12. DaDragon

DaDragon New Member

Mark Twain unavailable.

I've been trying to get the Mark Twain riverboat for several weeks now. The page can only be accessed through the DE 'search' function and tells you that the model is unavailable "due to bandwidth limitations"! :cry:

As a consolation, their "Eye" temple really ROCKS!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  13. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

14. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

It was disney model store that closed LOL
  15. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I'm hoping to release the Mark Twain soon. I've made an agreement with to guest Blog on their site whenever I release a paper model. I'm not sure what I'd say, but I'll find something. I need to get the submission details from them first.