Sabre F-86 models?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Alcides, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

I really tought the Sabre F-86 was a very common paper model.

but I'm only found references to the old Fly kit with a mig wich seems to be sold out.

Any downloadable sabre model out there? I've prefer an model in 1/48th scale.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes.......... but I don't have the links at work.

There are some in Japanese livery.............I know for sure. OK guys post the link for me!

Also FG has one but it needs some alterations to make it more realistic......... some of the guys (Rick Thomson??? Guido Von Roy???) did some re-colors that improved it very much...... but these were not USAF versions.

AND I have the fly model in my save pile...............:)

3. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Try the Japanese puiblisher PM models. They have a couple and I believe they are in 1/50 scale.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OH.............almost forgot............ Rob did the grandaddy to the sabre the Navy FJ-1 Fury................FG got it...... and I think it is one of the better ones FG opinion! Although John Dell does some very very nice work!

5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Just an update (and a correction): The publisher is PModel you can get it from SPI. They have USAF and a JDF versions.
  6. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thanks !!! for the data.

They have one free model:

I'm to try this before to buy. At 4.8 euros the price is a bit high for a 1:48 model.

But I really think are very few models for an "popular" airplane. When I was searching I saw a lot of different plastic models.

7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Fly models did a pair of F86E I think, and a very good Mig 15 in NK colors. The F86 built up beautifully but had a few fit issues with frameing to skinning. Also the printed artwork on the rear fuselage didn't line up so I had to fudge it with touch up. The Fly version cockpit was very detailed, but all monochromatic, so it came out a bit dull. The PModel version seems to be the same coloring has wheel wells but lacks a cockpit. Here are a few pics of the finished fly version. you can pick them up from papermodelstore here in US and Josef at Spishop has tehm now and again, and also. Ebay is sometimes a crap shoot as the price sometimes goes way above what they are worth sometimes....

Attached Files:

8. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi, I have a sabre in us markings in pdf format, it looks to be around 1/48 - 1/50. it must have been a free download at sometime or other but i cannot find the site that i got it from:cry: unfortunately there are no instructions with it and it is beyond my abilities to work it out. If it is any use to you, pm me and i will send it to you, if thats allowed
  9. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

10. smyfe

smyfe Member

:oops: the usaf version is the one that i have, must remember to keep bookmarks up to date:cry: thanks for the reminder:-D