Sa-2 SAM award!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by airbob, Mar 11, 2007.

1. airbob

airbob Member

This is my picture of the 3rd place award that I got yesterday at Cookville, TN....this was totally a plastic model show at Tennessee Technical Univesity...the wife and I decieded to go on a whim....we got ther 1/2 hour before judging began....just got what I had brought...a bunch of little models...several 1/600 ships Titanic, Kaiser Welhelm der Grosse...all reduced and a bunch of my 1/120 planes...on a whim I grabbed the SA-2 and put it in the box...totally forgot my Boeing 707 or the KC 135 that I designed!!!:razz: anyhoo....the planes and the SA-2 were put in the 1/72 or smaller prop plane category....the ships were in the miscellanous watercraft category....they looked at the paper planes and the ships like they wee from another planet!!!...they were very nice....I say the judges gently tip the little SA-2...lot's of complements...said how do you make those models!!!:shock:...told them I assembeled them by rolling the cones with tweezers..and gluing them together with "Elmers" glue....any how I was absolutely shocked that my little SA-2 got the 3rd prize award in this category...there were absolutely beautiful He-177's and a JU-88 in this class with may other gorgeous SA-2 or anything like it in the whole place...told the judge on acceptance "It was paper"!!!:yep:

Attached Files:

2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Well done. Beat the plastics as well, cool.
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Congratulations!! Good to see you recognized. Several years ago, when I
    was around an area that had a club, I too placed several times with my
    paper models. Feels good. Again, many congrats!

4. popala

popala Member

Wow, big congratulations Bob! Well deserved award :)
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very cool! Congrats! Maybe you'll bring a few more over to our side!!

6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

That is right on and very well deserved!

7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Congrats man! Not ready to enter any yet but gonna show a few off next month :)
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Very cool! Congrats as well!
  9. barry

barry Active Member

very well deserved
  10. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Congratulations - on the recognition for a great build
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Bob! Congratualtions!! If you had a brought the 707 you would have won some more!:grin:

Well there is always next year:twisted:

12. Sumato

Sumato Member

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we need! We really should be at each and every one of these plastic events, promoting our hobby. Well done!
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

Congratulations on the win! And hooray for our side (whichever one that is). World domination is next! Nice acceptance line though, "It's made of paper"....,

14. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

congratulation ! cheers to you and long live paper

15. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Way to go Bob!!:grin:

Now that's showing them how it's done!

A very well deserved recognition of your incredible talent.

John's right...if you brought one of your airplane designs you would clearly have taken a few more awards.

16. Clashster

Clashster Member

And POTW piled on top! Kinda like whipped cream on your ice cream!! Again, congrats on it all! Great job!!!

17. airbob

airbob Member

Thank you'all!

Many, many thanks for your kind compliments.....I am truely humbled!!!what is really cool is getting an AWARD for doing something that I just love to do!!! this is:
    "As good as it gets":rofl:
  18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Congratulations Airbob!!

Another (plastic only) contest on the pocket!

"We are taking over the world, Pinky!!"
  19. Triop

Triop Member

" ...told the judge on acceptance "It was paper"!!! " LOL :grin:

Congratulations from me aswell...
  20. airbob

airbob Member

Holly cow!!!

Editor:....Also thanks for posting it as picture of the week!!!
    Now I can die, my life has been fulfilled!
    Honestly, I am immensely humbled! :yep: