S Scale Shipping Containers?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Menoth's Fire, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Menoth's Fire

Menoth's Fire New Member

I am a tabletop wargamer and I am attempting to build a playing table using a large number of shipping containers. Unfortunately, I cannot find any S-scale containers! I have exhausted my internet-searching abilities and now I turn you, expert forum-goers, for assistance. Does anyone have any leads for me?

Any help is much appreciated [​IMG]
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Try this thread: http://forum.zealot.com/t111802/

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find a list of similar threads - a kind of "auto-search" - that is based on key words from this thread.

3. Menoth's Fire

Menoth's Fire New Member

Thanks for the link, unfortunately, I don't see any 3D S-scale containers, though. I've seen the cardstock ones, and although they look pretty good, these need to be solid pastic models for my purposes.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Have you tried your local hobby shop that deals in s gauge? They might be able to help.

5. MasonJar

If the illusion of the illustration is enough to satisfy the "look" of the container, you could always laminate that over a styrene box built to size.

Otherwise, I'd have to concur with Loren - although that will be an expensive route!

6. Menoth's Fire

Menoth's Fire New Member

I considered that; it would also not be very hard to even use a styrene frame to add 3-dimensionality. And, I may even try somthing like that if other options are exhausted. My only concern is that they will be interspersed with the 3D containers that that particular game company already makes (but are not sold separately in a very cost-effective manner):
  7. MasonJar

Depending on how many you need, and in what configuration, it might be easy enough to build your own from scratch. Stacked containers would not need detail on their tops (except the top one in the pile). Similarly, other details could be hidden (ends, sides), again depending on how the rows are configured.

Nice modelling work, by the way! :thumb:

8. Menoth's Fire

Menoth's Fire New Member

That's from their website LOL. They are prepainted, preassembled plastic models.