S scale buildings

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Brandon Miller, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Brandon: As I, and several others noted, in our posts, there are sources of S scale buildings. I would suggest getting a recent copy (April 2007) of Railroad Model Craftsman magazine. Inside the front cover is a full page advertisment for several S gauge companies. Also listed is the NASG organization. www.nasg.org They can probably direct you to many more sources of buildings. Also listed is a Publication called the 1:64 Modeling Guide www.1-64ModellingGuide.com They are offering a free copy of their magazine. Have fun
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

ok, so when looking for dicast cars amd trucks for an o scale layout i want the 1:48? but if i want them to match up in scale to post war lionel i want 1:64?

am i even close?
  3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

Ozzy, if you're running O27 trains, 1:64 vehicles are the closest match you're likely to find, although a lot of people use 1:43 or 1:50 vehicles even though they're significantly oversized. Personally, I use 1:64s. It keeps the trains from looking smaller than they are, and they're a lot easier to find and less expensive than 1:43s. True 1:48 scale diecast vehicles are very scarce.
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

ok thank you
  5. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Here are a few to try.

Be aware that most of this S scale stuff is in kit form and some, particularly the laser cut stuff is expensive. There is very little available ready built.
  6. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller New Member

I don't mind building up a kit. What's the fun in a pre built kit?
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I can see you're going to fit right in with this lot.