S. Rose & M. Lenore Wrecking Co. (N Scale)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's another one of my bashes of a plastic structure kit...
Anyone who has been in the hobby for any amount of time will recognize this kit. The tooling has been around for probably 50 years, in both HO, & N scales, under several mfgs, sold as such things as Two-Stall Engine House, Superior Bakery, Star Printing, & probably some more.
Mine was the N scale printing co. sold by Heljan.
It was molded in this ugly yellow color, so the 1st thing I did was to spray paint the structure flat white, & then dry brush on Polly Scale PRR Tuscan, to give it more of a brick & mortar look.
I then raised the structure 5 scale feet, by making a foundation out of styrene, laminated with Holgate & Reynolds Stone Sheet.
I cut out one of the archways to provide entry for rail cars.
I didn't like the way the kit roof fit, so I made a new one out of Evrgreen styrene siding. I also made the rear loading dock & its roof out of styrene.
I finished by adding scrap box details...electric boxes, chimneys, fuel oil tank, stairs, etc...

Attachments

• mvc-004f.jpg
    mvc-004f.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 183

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's a head-on view, showing the over-the tracs "annex" that I made from a Walthers roundhouse kit...
This is a 'function-over-form" after thought, in that I built it to hide where the tracks to the right run into the backdrop. The concrete pilasters are Plastruct tubing.

Attachments

• mvc-003f.jpg
    mvc-003f.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 171

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
...& heres some of the loading dock detail...

Attachments

• mvc-005f.jpg
    mvc-005f.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 169

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sorry,
Thanks for pointing that out...I went back, & fixed it.
I guess I'll just take my "loading sock", & "bug brush", & go home...there's not much sense in hangin' around to see if I get that "Spell-Checker-Of-The-Year-Award"! :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Charlie

Don't be embarassed.....I don spill two gud ether:D

Seriously that's a great kitbash!!! I wonder how many millions of those Revell kits are still out there. They were great to cobble up things out of. My favorite was the "Summer Stock Theater" which was actually the "Mail Pouch Tobacco Barn" Lord! I used to get them at Woolworth's for 99 cents!!!:eek: Ooooops!!! I'm telling my age!!!!:p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Vic!
Y'know if I ever get around to building that extension, with some rural scenery...(it's still in the "daydream" phase at this point) I am going to make a point of having a Mail Pouch barn! And while we're at it, what about "See Rock City"?
Oh, & btw, Vic...I don't consider myself that old, & I've bought train stuff at Woolworth's too! :)