S-O-S (Same Ol' South)

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by MacHine13of13, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

I say friends, 'cause there are too many ways to say "Greetings!"

I never intend to be insulting, so if you ever feel that I have; I apologized right here and right now.

It's the 1/4 Cherokee in me, I guess... "First time indian slapped, indian fault..."

So, iffn you see smoke, I'm not flamin' anyone; I prolly found a model of Nascar's Home Depot Number 20. Yeah, the one driven by "Smoke" aka Tony Stewart.

I'm 1/4 French, so I'd say that's why I like the "old timers"... romantic?

The 1/4 that's English enjoys the ODD sense of humor that is born of a creative mind.

And, the Irish quarter understands why people use paper for modelling rather than bottles... It's cheaper than all those drinks!

Anyway, to all from where ever, when you toast, make sure you didn't get your glue...

Let me close with an odd question: When is it best to use double-sided tape on a model?
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome MacHine13of13,
    Answer to your question; when you run out of glue...
    Actually, if it works well for you then every time is the best! Heck, if all you had to assemble your models were boogers (gross) but they turned out well, I would still congratulate you!
    Now, do your best to welcome all newcomers!! When I joined I was warmly welcomed, That is what makes this forum so cool.
    Welcome to the forum!
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome Mac!

Welcome Mac!
    That's one hell of a mixture you've got there buddy! That's what makes this country so great though. I am 1/4 Polish. My great grand parents came to this wonderful country from Poland. The rest is a mixture of Irish, Dutch, Scot and good O'l English. Looks like we are both "all American, Mutts!"

Phil, You killed me with the boogers! I'm still laughing! But I must agree, if it works for you do it! Modeling is just a joy and if something works for you, go for it!

I know you will enjoy it here Mac. There is a wonderful bunch of very helpful and friendly people here. This is the best forum I have ever had the privelidge to be a member of. I know you will enjoy your stay here.
    Tape away!

4. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

Phil - Russel;

Here's a secret - my wife (a transplanted NY'er) still thinks I'm "somewhat" redneck-ish, whereas, I always considered myself as progressively county-fied, since I do understand that ridin' hogs doesn't mean ya gotta go to the pigpen (You jest need a well-trained pig...)

BTW, thanks for bringing a smile to my face.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.