S-Gundam Bust

Getter1

Hello all,

I started this model last week, hope to finish it up this week. I still need to finish the burners for the INCOM (red disk on forehead), make 2 small antennas for the forehead, and the 4 power cables for the neck (which I have messed up 3 times already). And finally I need to color the neck gray (I can't find dark gray cardstock).

So what do you guys think??? Be gentle, I'm new at papercraft (and photography).

Getter1

Hello All,

My God it's been over 3 years since I worked on this thing!!! My how time flies :(

I startd pulling old project out to finish em :p

Well At the time those burners gave me trouble and the repeated failures of the power cables turned me off on this model. Now that I have a few years of paper modeling under my belt those parts are a cinch ;) I had em finished in just a few minutes :p I had figured out the power cables a couple years ago but never applied the technique to them till last night.

The neck still needs to be painted ATM as well as the small antennas and INCOM burners. Now after that I'm toying witht he idea of adding more to this model so it's not just ahead :p Perhaps blowing up Onepiece's Ex-S model as a base?

Anywho on with the pics.

Getta

Attachments

• 11240013.jpg
    11240013.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 11240014.jpg
    11240014.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 11240015.jpg
    11240015.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 11240016.jpg
    11240016.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 11240017.jpg
    11240017.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 10
  • 11240018.jpg
    11240018.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 16

think-floyd

Holy ressurrected threads batman!

That's awesome looking Getter1, is this your own creation, or one I've missed? I like the red cylinder on the forehead, your finish is excelent as always. Maybe someday I will be building as clean as you do!

WOW.....and I thought I was slow.

Getter1- That is a very clean build!:thumb: I like the black lines on the edges, it lends it a "jumped out of the TV" look. How do you get your circle parts that perfect?:confused: Very impressive. Where did you acquire this model if I may ask.

Getter1

Think-Floyd,

No not my creation. In the Model Grafix Special Edition "Gundam Wars" Gundam Sentinel there was a Scratch built 1/20 bust of the Ex-S Gundam. In the book you also see a paper mock-up of the model. This is that mock-up model. The model built for the book is something else to see. I'll try to take some shots from the book to show later on :D

Oh the red cylinder on the forehead is the INCOM, a wire guided remote beam gun.

Kazkaminari,

Don't you love seeing threads back from the dead :p buwahhahaha :p

I'ld be happy to share the file with those who PM me with an e-mail addy.

ltla9000311,

Yeah I'm slow :p You should see all the plastic kits I have ready for paint :p I don't like painting much (probably why I got into paper so heavy).

For circles I start rollin gwith dowels of various diameters. I start out wide and work the part with progressivly smaller diameter dowels. After joining the part before the glue sets too hard I roll the circle on a dowel to smooth it out and get the shape as perfect as I can. Then I apply glue to the edge and place the end cap on. I hardly ever use tabs for end caps as the tabs leave flats spots on the circle shape. It takes a little pratice but it's well worth the effort to perfect the technique.

This model is a BW kit naturaly so I printed some pages a few times on colored sheets to get the coloring.

To answer your question of where, I can't rember. I can't even go to the old message board where I found the link in the 1st place as that board is dead (Child of Mecha). I did find it again on Finalpaper.net at one point but that was before their crash a while back. However the one on FP.net wasn't as good as the 1st one I got.

With that said I can only offer to share it piravtely since I cannot validate a link of any kind.

This is one of a few paper models that stole me away from plastic :p

Thanks for all the compliments.

G1

think-floyd

Thanks for the tips on circles! I have used the rolling technique myself, but I hadn't considered removing the tabs. With cardstock it is a good idea, since there's enough strength there, but I dont think it could be done with lighter papers. I'll have to try this one myself, any chance you could send it to me? It'd go well with all the stuff on my desk here at work, I don't think I'd get away with a full gundam though :D
I make paper models while I'm on the phone in work hehe, having something to do with my hands really helped when I quit smoking. At this point, half the people in the office have one of my models on their desk! I must take a few pics or something :p

On a side note, kinda spooky that you're in Spokane (no pun intended), the guy that sits beside me was only talking about it yesterday, since his girlfriend is from there :eek: small world eh? :D

Getter1

Hey TF,

I use that technique with all papers :D even priter paper.

See my build thread for the Roland C.II I designed here,

http://forum.zealot.com/t154169/

Note the guns are made from printer paper and all the disk and tube parts have paper end caps and no tabs present on any of them. Naturally bigger tubes and circles should be made from havier papers anyway but if a larger one was made then I'ld agree that tabs might be needed.

Something also to consider and not just for circles but for curves to. When the glue is still wet the paper or card becomes a bit soft. You can take dowels, toothpicks, and my favorite Orange sticks to help smooth and shape the card before the glue sets up firm. Wehn parts haven't quite lined up this technique can also be used to coax them tighter together.

I'ld be glad to send you the model. Just PM me your e-mail addy :D

Ha ha, indeed it is a small world :p I've only been in Spokane for a bit over 2 1/2 years. Before That I lived in Fort Walton Beach, Flordia. I traded corners of the country :p

G1

Congrats on quitting smoking. I did almost 8 years ago and I was suprised at how much time I relcaimed when I did, not to mention the money.

Paper circle technique....

Getter1- I was trying to follow the link above for your round/circle technique, but it just takes me to the main page of the forum.:confused: I have come across this quite frequently here on the forum with many other threads. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem? If possible could you post some pics here as examples? Just wondering.....