Ryujinmaru

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello all,

Yep Getter has gone and designed another robot model. This time the subject is Ryujinmaru from Majin Eyuuden Wataru (anyone who had a Turbografix 16 might recognize it as Keith Courage's robot). I recently got the DVD set and was inspired to do this robot. I used Shiryu (the same program I used on my Gunstar and Cyclone) to design it. There are many parts I will need to re-design outside of Shiryu as it only does box shapes and no curves, but it got me at least 80% in the ball park :D Not to meantion detail parts and coloring (the program's art tools truly suck).

I've loved this design for a long time now and designing this model has been a blast so far. I hope everybody likes it.

Getter 1

Below is a pic right from the design program.

Attachments

• Rajinmaru+1.jpg
    Rajinmaru+1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 836

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Here's a pic of a figure of Ryujinmaru for comparasion. As you can tell in the pic the parts I need to work on are the head and legs as they have many curves. Also I need to rework some sections of the upper body as I couldn't achieve some angles properly with the programs limitations.

Getter 1

Attachments

• 01-1.jpg
    01-1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 789

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Hi Getter1

The model is looking great!!! Keep us updated, please.

by the way, do you see this:

G1_A.jpg

More images at:

http://www.b-max.it/pages_explorer/getter_index.htm

Regards
Alcides

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Thanks for the compliments guys, it really helps keep the inspiration going :D

Alcides, Thanks for the link to those pics of Getter, they're great :D

Here's a shot of the test build progress so far.

Getter 1

Attachments

• 10080328.jpg
    10080328.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 679

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
Can someone please explain to me what technique is used on anime models to get the really sharp edges. Every build I have seen of gundams and other mecha type figures the edes are always really crisp and the models almost appear to be made from plastic.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
GT5500 said:
Can someone please explain to me what technique is used on anime models to get the really sharp edges. Every build I have seen of gundams and other mecha type figures the edes are always really crisp and the models almost appear to be made from plastic.

Well most of them feature box building giving the sharp edges. They also feature rolled cylinders and many other techniques seen in most anyother paper model but I would say that box building is the most prevelant method. In fact the program I used to build this one only works in boxes maening many parts of the models I want to design will need to be re-designed outside the program.

IMO I think mecha for the most part are the easiest to build of card models. I found that forming the wings on planes fairly difficult at first and my 1st attempt at a car was a horribe failure.

What type of models do you usually build?

Getter 1

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
The sword is removable, also I still need to add the ring on the end of the handel.

Attachments

• 10100335.JPG
    10100335.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 207

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Update

Well I'm down to the parts I have to design by hand. I finally got the face done after 4 attempts. The helmet will be the next big job. Heres a pic of where it stands currently. A few body details, the "ninja" toes added, and the face.

Getter 1

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Update

Well I'm down to the parts I have to design by hand. I finally got the face done after 4 attempts. The helmet will be the next big job. Heres a pic of where it stands currently. A few body details, the "ninja" toes added, and the face.

Getter 1

Attachments

• 10150336.jpg
    10150336.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 187

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
Getter1 said:
Well most of them feature box building giving the sharp edges. They also feature rolled cylinders and many other techniques seen in most anyother paper model but I would say that box building is the most prevelant method. In fact the program I used to build this one only works in boxes maening many parts of the models I want to design will need to be re-designed outside the program.

IMO I think mecha for the most part are the easiest to build of card models. I found that forming the wings on planes fairly difficult at first and my 1st attempt at a car was a horribe failure.

Getter 1
I build anything and everything I have no favourite model subject although I am not hugely keen on architecture. I did wonder if it the box construction that gives them this look.

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
Getter1 said:

Getter 1
I build anything and everything I have no favourite model subject although I am not hugely keen on architecture. I did wonder if it the box construction that gives them this look.