rust

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ok well my friend has a wasp .26 which had been sitting for over a month and he tried starting it but it wouldnt so he opened it up and noticed some rust on the crank and there seems to be a little on the block. he asked me how to get it apart cause i have the same engine but i've never had to pull mine apart so im clueless. so i'd apreciate it if anyone could tell me how to detach the piston rod from the crankshaft and how to get the flywheel off without damaging anything because it seems to be on there pretty tight. THANK YOU
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ive read that once you have the backplate off take some string and then wrap it around the bottom of the pison where it connects to the crank and then pull and it SHOULD put off. To take off the fly wheel use a pison locker so the pison doesen't move and then take the nut off the end of the crank and then tape around the back of the flywheel and it should come off as well.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

ok dude i got the flywheel off but the string didnt work. someone told me i have to get the sleeve out and im not sure how that is suposed to come out
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

for the piston to come off you have to have it so its all the way at the bottom of the rotation and then maybe not a spring soemthing bigger and you wrap it around the Connecting rod and then pull if you have the back plate off which you must and there is nothing there so your looking at it and the connecting rod looks as if it will slide right off then you just need to wrap soemthing around it and pull and it should eventuly come right off I read this in rc caraction awhile ago..
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

oh ok i just don't want to bend or crack anything
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Did it finaly come out?
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

i'm going to try tomorrow cause i don't have work. so i'll let you know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.