Rust bucket comes to town

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Jul 17, 2002.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

This old 2-8-0-war horse has finally had its day; she will just sit out the rest of her days in the knowledge that she served her country well.

Attached Files:

2. billk

billk Active Member

Neat picture, Shamus. Looks like she's been out of service for a good while. Badger Creek must not be to strapped for cash, or they would have used the coal in the tender for something else.
  3. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Shamus, great photo

Btw, that engine would look just right sitting in front of an old neglected caboose I have. :D :D
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Now there's an advanced case of "ferroequine dermatitis".

By the look of the exterior, the coal is probably the only thing holding the tender together.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Guys, they use the tender with the coal in it to top up the fires in the locoshed. :rolleyes::p

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Shamus you ought to be ashamed of yourself for letting a perfectly good loco get rundown like that! :D :p :D :rolleyes: :D :eek: Nice pic once again!
  7. Vic

Vic Active Member

Ahhhh Haaa! I think I have spied some railfans among the trees...Could there be a "restoration" in the works?:D

Great picture Shamus!!!:)
  8. Is management keeping her on permanent display, or is she headed for the scrapper's torch? :eek:

Good photo, Shamus.:)
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

No Casey, not the torch. After what she has been through in the last 6 months :rolleyes: er years,:D I couldn't do that to her. She will just fade away one day.

10. billk

billk Active Member

Artist's (used loosely) conception of 'fading away':
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Ooohh deeaarr

12. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Shamus, he's smokin' something!! Yesterday he was seeing giant rabbits pulling his turntable around!!
    Must be "loco" weed. (No offense, Bill)
    :rolleyes: :D :p