Russian R7 launcher

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by gpw, Nov 13, 2007.

1. gpw

gpw Member

During the last weeks I built some R7 models. I started with Lars Folmann fantastic Vostok and R7-Transporter in 1:96 size. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I had so much fun to built those two models, that I decided to enlarge Lars Sputnik and Vostok designs to approx. 1:72. The results you see below and on Lars website.

I will continue with Lunik and Woshod versions (which I already work on).

2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Wow... I'm not usually interested in space models but they look awesome... looks great sitting on the launcher too, nice work.
  3. David H

David H Member

Superb work, a great model brilliantly done!

4. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hello Gerd,

I second David. Superb.

I especially like the rail transport. It adds an engineering perspective of how the Russians transport their vehicles, and a sense of scale.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, that really is superb. A great conversation piece.
  6. gippolot

gippolot Member

Great models Gerd. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

7. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us. :)
  8. I have this model, don't remember the site I got it from but you have inspired me to build it. I liked it when I saw it oroginally and had it on my to do list but something else allways cam up. Very nice work you deserve all the praise you have gotten. Keep it up you are a true expert.

9. gpw

gpw Member

As I mentioned before I was working on a Lunik and a Woshod launcher which I have finished now. For both versions I mainly used Lars Folmanns design (he gave me his permission), for the Woshod version I used also few parts from Laszlo Vadasz Soyuz top. Both models are again in 1:72.

Here you can see the Sputnik, the Lunik, The Vostok and the Woshod builds.

10. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Beautiful build

I did the Sputnik version in the past and I remember the difficulty of the model but also the satisfaction for the final result: Your models do honor to the Lars's great design.

My compliments, Nando :thumb:
  11. Beautiful work. The only criticism I have is ---

oh! that's right I don't have any.

Great work