russian paper plane sites

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Commander Adama, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Has any one visited any of the free russian down site as of late? WOW!!!! Found some real quality stuff there and now I've got my Flanker and Frogfoot. NATO call signs for military types. Happy hunting card modelers.

2. Padre

Padre Guest

Those sites are usually pirate sites and you have probably cheated the designer out of the honest recompense for his efforts and therefore diminished the possible production of new models.
  3. exzealot

exzealot Member

It just makes me sick when I hear about these pirate sites. I believe it was the Internet that killed the music industry that we all knew in the 60s and 70's as well. I know first hand how much time, expense, research and dedication it takes to develop a quality paper model - it's not easy, and I really don't see how anyone can make real money from doing so. You are absolutely right - when people copy and then give away these models, you can be sure that the designers will think twice before taking the risk again. Thanks for pointing this out.

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

However we dont know for certain, I am contacting adama directly ;)
  5. Reply

I've deleted the site guys, didn't want to cause trouble. Will twice next time before I leap. thanks guy,s.

6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Where are ya in Texas? Good to see another Texan! Please don't let us Texans be accused of frequenting pirate sites. I'm sure ya didn't mean to get mixed up in that stuff.
    As a guy who has worked on designing a few models, and has had several commissioned for sale, I can tell you that piracy really hurts, and threatens all of the honest designers out there. I figure for a simple model, it takes close to 25-50 hours of work, and to tell you the truth, I probably was barely even paying the designer "minimum wage" (which BTW I don't totally believe in - although I do want to justly compensate those I work with) at that point! On one of the models, I haven't even made back what I paid for it yet.

7. Texan

Ryan, I will retire around the killeen Tx area soon. Stay in touch