russian nuclear submarine Project 971 - Szczuk (Akula Class) Help Needed

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Nando, Nov 9, 2008.

1. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I've uploaded the English Instructions for building the Akula, as translated by Tglenchur and myself. However, I don't see it listed. Is this an overnight batch process?
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

My earlier post was incorrect since the upload wasn't successful because the file wasn't in the right format. I just uploaded it as a pdf, and it is now in the Moderators queue.
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

4. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Thank You for the useful translation.

Merry Christmas to all,

5. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

i know some jap guy made a free los angeles moddel, the same guys whose lunar module model made it to MYTHBUSTER's lunar special
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Woohoo! Got mine in the mail today, just 10 days after I initially contacted Sylwester. As B-Manic said above, I emailed saga(at) I included a picture of the magazine from the first post in this thread and asked him if he would sell me a copy. He responded within a couple of hours. He calculated the price at the current exchange rate to be $15 total for the model and shipping. He packed it with a thick slab of cardboard and wrote "do not fold" in English and Polish, so it arrived in perfect condition. If anyone wants this model I recommend contacting Sylwester at the email address above. He's great to do business with.

As for the model, it is a separate insert and not printed within the magazine. The paper is thinner than I'm used to, but like Nando, I may scan it and print it on my usual 65 lb paper. This is going to look great next to my Los Angeles, Ohio and Typhoon - all 1:200 scale. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

7. strk

strk Member

8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

9. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Delta III class SSBN

Another cool design from the same author of Akula.

Best, Nando :thumb:
  10. strk

strk Member

Next design will be cooler :) than ever :mrgreen:

Identify this vessel:

or this:

11. strk

strk Member