Rural Depot (N Scale)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
This is another example of an out-of-the-box kit that's been modified a little to make it more unique...
This is an inexpensive plastic kit by Bachman. All I did was toss the molded plastic base the kit came with, & made a foundation out of some HO brick wall sections. I used a piece of a farmhouse kit to make an annex on one end, & scratchbuilt a couple of loading docks. I also left the doors off, & added a hint of some interior detail

Attachments

• mvc-029f.jpg
    mvc-029f.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 152

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Oh, man...Harry has suffered a bit of a set back. :(
We had to do a major overhaul on the track plan, because the grades were a mite too steep in combination with those 18" curves.
Of course, for a die-hard junkie like me, that's no big deal...just rip up all the track, & start over...go with a level track plan, & just feature a lot of scenic elements above, & below track level, right? See, I know I could get you to see this reasoning, Tyson, but you're not a 6 year old. She didn't buy into it so easily, & her interest was really starting to wane. So as a last resort, I just set her up with the Bachman E-Z track on the bare blue foam, & that's where we are at this point.
Plus, with vacation plans, & summer camp, & other things, we haven't been able to squeeze in much father-daughter train time...:confused:
So, I've been doing a lot of sitting & tinkering at the work bench, & inflicting the results on you guys. :D
And as the Bartles & James guys used to say..."Thank you for your support." :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Now Charlie, THAT is what I call "atmosphere". It's the kind of thing I had a mental picture of when I started American outline modelling 30 yrs ago.
You got the really "used-but-serviceable" look about the whole thing. The whole setting is just right!
Ohhhhh yesssss, I really love that one!

(Now I KNOW there's a conspiracy to get me to start work again on N gauge):)

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks everyone, for all the kind words...getting all these compliments from modelers of this caliber is liable to go to my head! :D
Errol,
I don't think I could do any more to convince you than to point you to your own fantastic photo that you entered in the contest!:cool: