Running DCC Loco on DC track?

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Hey gang,
I was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on allowing a dcc loco to run on a dc track....i took the loco to a gentleman 50 miles from me but we must have done something incorrectly during the conversion for analog. Thanks in advance.

77Railer

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
You must program it from a DCC equipped track. If you took it to his (apparantly) conventional DC layout there was not much you could do. When back home check your manual and find the setting for DC. You should be able to set it to recognize both DCC or DC depending on which its on or DCC only (which is what most people prefer if they don't travel to non DCC layouts)

hope this helps...

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
I took it to a DCC layout. I do not have the manual but have searched thru it on the internet and have found no such setting. I just wondered if someone knew which CV controlled this function and what number it should be set to...

77Railer

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
In one post you said it was a Digitrax decoder, in which case there ia a cv to turn DC operation on and of, I'd have to look up which cv it is. In another post you say it is a Soundtrax dsd, Soundtrax won't work on DC, at least to my knowledge.

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Yes you are correct I apologize.....Im thinking of two engines....one has a soundtraxx...which is the one I was trying to get to run on dc. The other I just got last night has a digitraxx decoder which to my knowledge should just be an option that needs to be selected. The soundtraxx is the one that was making me get frustrated,lol.
77Railer

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Hi 77, I hate it when I have to be there one to give bad news but Soundtraxx decoders do not work in analog mode. :( . I copied this from there help topics, Locomotive never ran. Locomotive is not on a DCC powered track. SoundTraxx Digital Sound Decoders do not work in 'analog' mode.