runnin in

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by tug33r, Jan 2, 2007.

1. tug33r

tug33r Guest

i just got a new nitro but the damn thing dont want to run right. im tryin to run it in but i cant even drive the thing before it stops.and if i hit the brakes it stalls. any give me any tips would be great.
  2. jareb

jareb Guest

Nitro tuning trouble?

Hey tug,
    Sorry to hear your having trouble, Ill try to coach you through it.
  3. jareb

jareb Guest

first of all if the engine stops when you hit the brakes it could something other than the tune on the motor. First I would check the idle screw on your carb. try turning the idle screw in clockwise to raise the idle a little bit, dont turn more than an 1/8 of a turn at a time though. sometimes the idle is set really low from the factory. Also is your engine brokein yet. The manual that comes with your traxxas engine should be able to help you get it setup.
    My 3.3 was intially setup way to rich when I bought it, I lived in phoenix at the time and the weather was 105 out. Every time I tried to start the engine it would hydralock. I had to turn the high speed needle in about 1 1/4 turns just to get it to fire. After that it ran fine and I continued to breakin the motor.
    Fuel is another biggie with these motors. I like the Traxxas topfuel in 20%nitro. It always runs great and I dont have to add any more lubricant to it. I absolutely would not run the cheap generic hobby shop fuel, sometimes it can be mixed wrong or be stale.
  4. jareb

jareb Guest

You may need to adjust carb settings when the humidity changes drastically also you may have to run a somewhat richer mixture in the colder months of winter. What kind of temps and humidity do you have where you live?
  5. tug33r

tug33r Guest

fixed my carby was rooted had to get it tuned but now ok