rubber stamped?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. ozzy

    ozzy Active Member

    just what does it mean when they say there car has been rubber stamped, i see it alot with lionel's on ebay.
  2. Ozzy, what it means is that there are no decals. It is like ink stamps but they use paint instead. Sometimes it looks better than decals and takes more ware and tare. Hope this helped
  3. ozzy

    ozzy Active Member

    where can you get these stamps?
  4. rubber stamp

    talk to your local hobby shop. they will know where to order from
  5. Dick Elmore

    Dick Elmore Member

    Ozzy, the rubber stamps you're talking about are either made by, or for, model train manufacturers. In my 55 years in this hobby, I've never heard of one being made for, or sold to, a private individual, but good luck anyway.

    Texas Chief
  6. ozzy

    ozzy Active Member

    i just keep reading on ebay about restored or repainted cars that had been rubber stamped wounder what it was.

    it seems that now you can buy new replacement parts for almost any pre and post war lionel now. so maybe the stamps are out there' theres a few sites i can check.
  7. Dave Farquhar

    Dave Farquhar Member

    I saw someone selling stamps for prewar and postwar steamers this past week but I didn't note their eBay ID. Try searching eBay for "Lionel stamp" and you'll probably come up with one.

    I know one professional restorer I met will take a picture of an item with a good stamping and take that to an office supply store and have them make a rubber stamp for him. So if you happen to have (or can get) a picture of what it is you want on the stamp, that's an option.
  8. TR-Flyer

    TR-Flyer Member

    Hi All:
    I know Doug Peck of Portlines Hobbies sells rubber stamps for Flyer restoration. Maybe contact him and see if he knows of a Lionel supplier.


Share This Page