RTS 7.0 Is it really accurate ?!

JDC916

Dec 11, 2006
Marietta, Ga
No matter what I do, I can't get this silly tool to complete a layout so that the ends meet !
Even a simple oval doesnt match up !

Is this tool really accurate ?

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
RTS 7.0 comes with a tutorial. Did you try that? That's what helped me.
P. S. I dumped that program and started using XTRK CAD. In my opinion, it's a lot better program, but harder to learn.

Loren

JDC916

Dec 11, 2006
Marietta, Ga
Yep read that but it doesnt really address my issue. I'll get the layout all layed out and have maybe a .1" gap where you would think the track should meet up.

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
wehn you lay your track in real you will have some play room left and can always cut a small piece to make it fit or cut some off to make it fit.
nothing planned comes out 100 percent as planned

Mrplow123

Jul 14, 2006
Hayward California
I designed my entire new layout using RTS7, and it came out ok. I just wasn't happy with the compromises I had to make to get everything to fit. The entire time I was building it, I just kept feeling like a hell of alot more track should fit into the area I was working in. I tried Xtrkcad a few times, but I just could not get it to work right. Xtrkcad is a pain to learn, but once you do, it is way more accurate. So I started playing with Xtrkcad again, and started trying to duplicate what i did in RTS7. I was very suprised to find that I was able to use larger radius turn in the same area, and I was able to get more track in places, that before I thought would have made it too crowded.

So in other words, play with Xtrkcad, and learn it. Use it to build your new layout. Plus you can test run your trains to see how your design will work.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I used it and I have to tell ya, so far so good. The program has been right on!
1untitled.bmp

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
yeah, as has probably been said a million times, the RTS 7 is pretty much dead on accurate ( although i still think the 1/3 18R tracks are not right) but in reality you can move the tracks alittle.

i'm not sure i'd want to do that either. i feel like everywhere there is a kink like that leads to some issues.