RS4 with OS engine, some Qs

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I haf some questions.

First, how fast do you think it will go? I think mine goes around 50-60 mph?

Second, how do i know if the high end mixture is too lean or not?

thanks
  2. alisar70

alisar70 Member

well its to lean there wont be any smoke if its to rich the engine will get ver hot in like 4 mins
  3. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Is it ok to hold full throttle down for long? I held it down for prolly 5-8 seconds full throttle? Dont kno if any damage.
  4. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

was it gonig full speed
  5. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ya pretty much.
    Now i haf a nother question. Seems there is an air leak sumwhere. The engine is BRAND NEW, so i am suspecting the stock HPI fuel tank because it has a primer. After i run it and it gets hot, there is bubbles in the fuel line to the carb. The idle is erratical, it goes up and down up and down and then it cuts out. Can it be that my mixture settings are messed up? I hear a hissing noise after the engine dies, and i cant push the fuel back up the fuel line. I haf to wait till it is cooler. That is very weird.
  6. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah dude its to lean that things gonna blow up

MAKE IT RICHER MY TURNING THE CARB SCREW SO IT RICHENS (Anti-CLOCKWISE)
  7. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

what engine is in it? The hissing noise is from your fuel boiling in your carb! That is not good it means it is way way too hot! Your engine will be done very soon if you dont fix that problem.
  8. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Well, it was only one run that I had this problem. Is it very bad damage to my engine? I fixed the problem and it runs good thanks guys!
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Should I set the low speed needle or high speed needle?
  10. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

always set the hsn needle first for th best high speed and clean pitch from the exhaust
    next set the lsn for smooth accel.

it is impossible to do it the other way as the lsn is governed by the fuel flow established by the hsn
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah hey what was the problam witht he car about the hissing noise
  12. pimp

pimp Active Member

u prob blew up the motor if u full throttled it for 5 mins tops with it lean
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.