RS4 3 RTR

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by TCrox, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCrox

TCrox Member

I think red answered this at one point, but I lost the post.

I want the biggest engine, don't care about it being legal, that I can get that will bolt into an RS4 3. It comes with a .15 which is fun, but now that I stopped crashing I want to go faster!

Has anyone done this? If so what all needed to be replaced?
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I have seen a rs4 with a .21 in it but the chassis was really modded to make it fit. If you really waned that much power it would be at a high cost.
  3. badone

badone Member

hi if you want fast just sale the rs4 and get a 1/8 th on road! much easier to get speed out of!
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

New Era Models makes a .21 conversion kit for the RS4 MT which is the same chassis as the RTR 3. Check them out.
  5. digdug72

digdug72 Member

wolf rc has a engine mount for this runs about 48.00, just bolt on your .21 and go!
  6. digdug72

digdug72 Member

sorry it is wolf radicals
  7. TCrox

TCrox Member

Would a .18 make a difference worth upgrading?

I haven't been to a track with it yet, mostly been parking lot running (crashing/fixing/crashing.....). Finally running straight again and the back and forth sprints are getting old. Taking corners at 45+ is the most fun, costly on the tires though heh.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

digdug: The only problem is that if you get that .21 the drivetrain is gonna need to be upgraded to handle the power of that motor.

.10 .12 .15 .16 .18 2.5 those are all small block engines. Check the HP and the rpm's those are maily what sets a engine apart from another. Also if it has a boost chamber would give it alittle more power also.
  9. TCrox

TCrox Member

Okay, well I just want to go faster! I have the hpi nitro .15 that comes on the RS4 3. It has a 2 speed tranny. Currently does about 50 mph (maybe a little more). I have the tuned pipe, but that's the only part of the car that would effect speed I've replaced.

Could I replace the gears for better performance? The .18's are over $200 from what I've seen, and for a whole 7 or 8 mph I'm not about to dump that much for such a little difference. I want 60+, if that means a conversion kit for a .21 then so be it, but I want to be sure.
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

for gearing drop the spur gear's teeth and go up on the pinon's teeth
  11. digdug72

digdug72 Member

I'm getting ready to drop in a .21 in my rs4 3. Been back and forth to the lhs and called Hpi, nothing is realy going to need to be upgraded since it has drive shafts, paid 54.00 dollars for the motor mounts soon as I get a camera, I will post pics.
  12. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

friggin .21 will blow the stock clutch bearing in a second man. Better buy a 2 speed to make use of all the power.
  13. digdug72

digdug72 Member

since this is a rs4 3 forum, can anyone tell me why my tranny seems to drag with the tranny cover case on, but rolls freely without the tranny cover on?
  14. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Perhaps the bearings that the tranny cover holds down are shot. Thats just a guess and if that isnt it good luck... :)
  15. digdug72

digdug72 Member

Duh,I didnt think of that, thanks rockn82
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.