Rs-11 Oops!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by NYC-BKO, Jul 14, 2004.

1. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Do you have a boobie prize for modeling oop's, if you do I get this time. Having just finished painting and decaling that Model Power RS-11 this weekend, I know I said I wasn't doing a total rebuild this time but while I had it stripped I removed the steam gen., put new horns on, and filled in some hood vents that's when the light should have went off.
    NYC RS-11's did not have Dyn. Brakes, dah, I should have removed them while it was stripped, it will be alot harder now that it's painted. I knew grab irons, handrails and pilots could be done later, but this deserves the prize. Oh well live and learn!:oops::oops::oops::curse:

I realized this looking a some pictures last night, should have looked at them beforehand.

Go ahead, bash me!!!
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Hey, you are only human aren't you?
  3. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

At least you did something. Fred
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I sure have made plenty of Beeeeeeeeeeg Dummy boo boos and had to go back and redo it.

Maybe you can remove the parts, hand paint the area, and make it look like a repair or hide it with some wetherin'
  5. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Don't feel bad, been there. :rolleyes:
    Although most people won't know the difference, it will bug the heck out of me until I correct it.
  6. pdt

pdt Member

Ah, truer words were never spoken. I had to rid myself of over half my fleet to get it down to a size that I could manage to rebuild.:cry:
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

I had a P2K GP9 custom painted Chessie(C&O)...When I chose the number I made a mistake I picked 6014 which is a exC&O GP9 that went to the B&O..The real 6014 was painted Chessie(B&O) while my 6014 is sub lettered C&O. :cry: :oops:
    I know the difference where most non C&O modelers doesn't and it bugs me to no end.
  8. Benny

Benny Member

Cut out the dynamics, and then put in a prepaitne panel. Prepaint this panel gray, silver, and light specks of rust; Certianly not every unit is fresh out of the shop or all in one piece? And painting everytime something gets dented?
  9. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Thanks for all the positive words and encouragement, but I still deserve the prize because I been in this hobby too long to make that mistake and it will bug me till I fix it.:cry:
  10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Ah... yes. :) The fix all for everything OOOPS!!!. :):) :D
  11. dean

dean New Member

Been there done that with many of the RS-3's for the exhaust stack and positioning it correctly and using the right shape! What did I do? Well some I changed and touched up the paint and weathered accordingly. A couple of others, just left alone to see if anyone would notice. Did they? Nope.

Personally, I would not worry about it....