Rotton Day

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Nothing really bad, but just one of those days where nothing goes right. After a fairly rotton day, I have a happy ending. I decided I would make some brass gizmos and test/break-in new aquisitions. After bringing in the test track and cleaning it up, I get the loco's and realize I have 9 that I haven't run on real track. So I decide I'll just watch trains go round and round tonight. 3 are new and the rest just need tested. All run well, and man oh man, the new ones really run nice!

The new 44 tonner (old twin motor style) runs very smooth; as nice as my Athern SW-1500 or better, and way better than my old 44 tonner!

The Doodle bug runs great, no surprise; it's my second new one.

The cream of the crop is the LLP2k S-1. Maaaaaaan, that baby runs smoth as silk! It creeps half as fast as my next best. Beautiful model too! Full interior with gauges and 1 LPE and 1 LPB.

I'm gunno go watch it run around in circles, real slow :)

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Go for it Jon. I can't run any trains until I get the layout cleaned up.
I have been working with plaster and styrafoam for the last several day and have it all over. Will have to vacuum first.:(

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by jon-monon
Nothing really bad, but just one of those days where nothing goes right

Know how you feel Jon, I spent the entire day suffering from a bad case of "Klutzy", as well as a case of "Dropsy" and spent the entire day at the store avoiding the trains and trying to concentrate on paperwork:rolleyes:.
I plan to spent the rest of the evening with a shot of Rye and no intention of sending any of my own equipment to the repair shop:).

Terry

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Jon,
Now thats not the way to make a model railroad, just watching the trains run by.:D:D always make time for a stop or two to pick up LPB's:rolleyes: :) Glad the S1 was perfect. :cool:

Shamus
waver.gif

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Yep, when ya can't count on the endless piles of dirty snow to pick you up after a rough day there is always the toys :D
Dawg has brought ya one slipper and SuperPup has the other, life is good ;)

Can't wait till I can watch my trains go around and around.

t.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by jon-monon
The new 44 tonner (old twin motor style) runs very smooth; as nice as my Athern SW-1500 or better, and way better than my old 44 tonner!

I don't have a 44 tonner, but I understand that the early ones with two motors wired in parrallel would sometimes be bad runners because the motors didn't match. One of the guys at my local hobby shop said that when he rewired his two motors in series with each other, the engine smoothed out an ran great. This may be common knowledge. I'm a newbie to this site, and I was told this when the 44 tonners first came out years ago. If guys have an old 44 tonner that doesn't run very well, you might try this trick.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Hi Russ, welcome to the gauge!

Funny you mention that, I just brought an old thread to the top in the HO section regarding this mod. I plan to do it on a rainy day, for the new 44, unless I rip it's guts out and make two critters from the trucks. The older 44 tonner is halfway to being a eunic, as I've pulled one motor out because it had a meltdown. Over oiled by the DPO :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh well, I got it for peanuts along with an athern SW-1500 that runs well.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Jeff and Val, all I've got right now is a scan in the box of the S-1...

By the way, notice the chap in the cab? You can barely see him in the scan... FREELOADING LPB!!! The engineer and all the controls are on the other side.

Attachments

• s-1.jpg
    s-1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 63

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Originally posted by shamus
Hi Jon,
Now thats not the way to make a model railroad, just watching the trains run by.:D:D

And last night I was under the weather and didn't get anything done! No, the masochistic assignments are on delay! My only act of self mutalation was to rub salt in my eyes as I lay in bed helpless! Doh! :mad: :mad: :mad: As visions of ground throws danced in my head!

Oh, I did accompliush a little electronics project planning and looked up some info on motor controls and such.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Jon - I have that same P2K Switcher (except mine is lettered for CNR)! It has really nice detail work and runs sooooo slow and smooth! Hmmm, maybe this is the start of a thread why trains are better than men!!! LOL!!!!!

cheers
:p Val

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
ROFLMAO Val!!!!!! This is a train oriented board:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So with your so slowwwwwww switcher, do you use it switching the yard? Sounds like the perfect engine for the industry job.

Greg

PS Jon, that guy isn't freeloading. He is passing the signals from the ground crew who are on the wrong side for the engineer to see.:) :)