Rotating a line about an axis in Metasequoia?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

OKay, I'm trying to be clear, but I'm not sure how to explain this. Is it possible to draw a line in Metasequoia and rotate it around an axis in order to create a cylinder in a specific shape, such as for making a lightsaber?
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I think there is no revolve function in Meta, what you can do is to divide a cylinder at specific points and then using the scale tool on each section, which achieves the same effect.
  3. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

You can use the "ROT" to rotate an object.

If you want a cylinder then you can use a primative shape.

I'm not sure if that helps, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

Cheers JTF
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

What I mean is, I wanted to find an easier way to make a cylindrical object easier than scaling cylinders, and in a CAM program I used in college you could draw a line a certain distance away from the origin and, using the origin as the axis, you could make a solid cylinder that way.
  5. barry

barry Active Member

Select New in Object list draw the line shape you want to "lathe" at the centre(0,0) double click the Name field in Object list to get the Object property tick the box at the bottom right labelled "lathe."

In the windows panel at top of Metaseq click "object" then "Freeze"

You have to select the correct plane but follow the insructions

6. Millenniumfalsehood

Would that be for the freeware version?
  7. barry

barry Active Member

Sorry I have no idea but I doubt it now you mention it.