Rosie the Riveter

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Billy Leliveld, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sorry

Sorry accidently I posted this thread twice, take one away..
  2. silverw

silverw Member

Don't let them pull your leg!! It should NOT be expensive. Maybe a dollar or two. I can remember my mother using that tool, ... originally it is for marking a pattern onto fabic, before cutting out the parts. Then, somebody noticed that it makes rivet kind of markings on paper!! BUT, you need a different tool for every scale, or spacing, or size!.....

I get better results using GIL'S "BRUSH" method..... you can resize and change the spacing as required. An example is attached... I think!!

The zip file contains an Illustrator(ai.) format file that you can experiment with.

Attached Files:

3. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

silverw is right. You can get the same thing at your local fabric or craft store. It is called a tracing wheel or a dressmakers wheel. The Wal-mart up the street even carries them here. Here is a link for you just to show how much these things cost for real.

Ha, they are even on sale for $0.50 off! what a bargain!
  4. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Tracing wheel

After I started paper modeling, my Dad built a few 'paper' model aircraft using aluminum soda cans instead of cardstock. He used a tracing wheel to put the 'rivets' onto the aluminum.

-Jim G
  5. Today I found a tracing wheel on the market-place, just like my mother used to have, cost about 1$, I think I saved myself 89$..:twisted:
    Cheers, Billy
  6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

7. Thanks Silverw!