Rope bridge

shamus

Registered Member
My little people can now crossover the stream in comfort as the rope bridge is now in place. Before, --- they got wet feet.

Shamus
ropebridge.jpg

Shamus:

Excellent job, once again! I love the detail of the bridge floor being depressed under the weight of the LPB crossing it. This really make the scene look even more realistic than usual. Nice job!

Eric

rguyett

excellent you never cease to amaze me and are a inspritration to all of us for sure . The detail you put into your layout shows a definate love for the hobby keep the pics coming

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's nifty! Beautifully done! Are the bridge boards Central Valley fencing or did you set them individually? The cables are so neatly done!
Ralph

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Shamus,
In the brief time I've known you and your work, I've come to expect "the different" from you, but this bridge caught me by surprise!
Congrats for the concept, and execution. An excellent detail addition to your lumber company.

.........Like, I'm going to let this opportunity pass by............
If you could get that LPB moving,,,,,you'd have suspended animation? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RailRon

One more surprise for all of us, Paul. :)

As it seems, you always find something to model which is unusual and can't be seen on every second layout. (Another example are your rough log bridges like the one in the background.) But always the physics of the construction is absolutely correct. It's just awesome!

Oh well, the LPB loggers are supposed to be quite surefooted, so crossing that bridge just gives'em some additional exercise! :D :D :D

One question: For the ropes, did you use real thread, or are they made out of wire for stability?

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Hi All and many thanks for the comments.

---------------------------------
Ralph the boards are pieces of stripwood. laid one at a time.
-------------------------------
Ron, the rope is wire for strength.
--------------------------------

Shamus