Rope bridge

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Nov 12, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

My little people can now crossover the stream in comfort as the rope bridge is now in place. Before, --- they got wet feet.

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice Paul, but you are spoiling your LPB's! If you don't watch it they will be wanting to get paid next! :eek:
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

How Cool!

I do believe that is the first model of a rope footbridge I've ever seen, and beautifully done too, I might add. :)
  4. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Excellant as usual Paul.
  5. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Excellent job, once again! I love the detail of the bridge floor being depressed under the weight of the LPB crossing it. This really make the scene look even more realistic than usual. Nice job!

6. rguyett

rguyett Member

excellent you never cease to amaze me and are a inspritration to all of us for sure . The detail you put into your layout shows a definate love for the hobby keep the pics coming
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Beautifully done Paul. All that detail is amazing.
  8. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

the bridge is excellent .
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Take that rope outa their pay!

10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Wouldn't you know it... You did it again.... Great Stuff!!!!!!

Looks nice & rickety. :) :)
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's nifty! Beautifully done! Are the bridge boards Central Valley fencing or did you set them individually? The cables are so neatly done!
  12. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Looking better each and every day!
  13. jawatkins

jawatkins Member

Once again - a job well done! Your work never ceases to amaze me!
  14. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

In the brief time I've known you and your work, I've come to expect "the different" from you, but this bridge caught me by surprise!
    Congrats for the concept, and execution. An excellent detail addition to your lumber company.

.........Like, I'm going to let this opportunity pass by............
    If you could get that LPB moving,,,,,you'd have suspended animation? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

One more surprise for all of us, Paul. :)

As it seems, you always find something to model which is unusual and can't be seen on every second layout. (Another example are your rough log bridges like the one in the background.) But always the physics of the construction is absolutely correct. It's just awesome!

Oh well, the LPB loggers are supposed to be quite surefooted, so crossing that bridge just gives'em some additional exercise! :D :D :D

One question: For the ropes, did you use real thread, or are they made out of wire for stability?

16. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi All and many thanks for the comments.

Ralph the boards are pieces of stripwood. laid one at a time.
    Ron, the rope is wire for strength.