Ron Caudillo's Paper Bridge, Part Deux.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, May 12, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I started a thread here awhile back and unfortunately, I ran into a good deal of trouble getting it printed up right. I must have went to three or four different printing places and still could not get this printed up correctly, it either didn't come out in the right size, or the colors were wrong.

Well, I finally got it printed up right, but I got off track with my 1/350th Enterprise project. Finally the day came when it was rainy outside and I couldn't do anything else, so I jumped on this to keep my self sane.

This is my first paper build of this complexity in a looooong time. Looking back it's not really that complex, I just needed to follow the directions. Doh!

Without futher ado..... here it is. Please be nice.

Here's a 1/25th console, with a 1/50th infront of it.
    I then resized it and made a 1/12th scale console.
    This is in scale with the Hallmark Captain Kirk Chrismass ornament. I'm thinking of taking this template and creating a styrene diorama with it.
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice build. Have you had any fit problems, I am going to start to build in the next week amd it wold be nice to know.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've had a couple of issues, but I'm pretty sure they are my fault. I got in a hurry and started without the directions. Doh! I would say, definately use the directions.:grin:
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You have to ask us to be nice about this? HAH! I dont think so.... It looks awesome.
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, OK, if you say so, but I see it up close and there is room for improvement, but thanks anyway, glad you like it.

Comma Splice King.:twisted:
  6. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

I'm glad you were able to get the bridge printed in the larger size. The build is looking great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ron Caudillo
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

No problem Ron, looking forward to your next wonderful kit!:grin:
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Nice Job!

Great Build!

Ron is the man when it comes to design!!!!!!
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thank you, thank you very much and yes, yes he is.
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'll have some updates real soon Ron. :-D
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I alost hate showing these. My photography sucks on this round and I'm sure there are some pros here that can do a heck of a lot better on this than myself.

I added the trim around the deck and the base for the Captains Chair, added some detail work and the viewscreen.

12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

More new pics!

Here are a few more views, I got a little bit more work done, last night and I can't get over what a nice model this turns out to be. Ron REALLY did his homework.

I still have a few places on here that look wonky, but I'll get them worked out.

If you look closely, you can see where I stepped on this, while chasing my cat.
  13. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Thanks for the thread!

Thank you for showing us the build of the 1:50 bridge. I think the addition of the optional main viewer screens really bring the model to life. I hope you enjoyed building this as I did designing it.

Also thank you for the kind words and comments. I still feel like a novice; there are many designers that REALLY know how to design and color up a model right! I get my inspiration from designers and builders alike.

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Actually this is the 1/25th that I'm concenrating on, I just built a 1/50th console to show the size difference. Yes, I really like all of the various screens that you made available. The kind words are true. I've done a lot of research on this bridge and I can see where you've done a fine job of correcting the errors of the McMasters blueprints. This has to be one of the most accurate representations on the bridge out there. I sincerely appreciate your fine work and the fact that you made it available to the fans.

Now I just have to finish it up.