Ron Caudillo's Enterprise Bridge

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sdk2knbk, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great job! I can see Shatner in his latest commercial in there now!
  2. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Thanks for initiating this thread, it was VERY enlightening for me. I have made the changes you suggested to the assembly instructions and will also emphasize in step 2 that the top tabs of the sunken deck should be folded inwards. Since you're joining the 2 decks blindly, folding them inwards help locate the 2 decks precisely together (I'm sure you though it was stupid of me to have the 2 decks joining without something to align them up with).

This thread has taught me a lot about making assembly instructions since what I intend to say may not be the way I put it down in pictures and/or words. Thank you very much for all of your comments and pictures. BTW, I think your construction is great, better than my first one!

Also, I have edited all 4 pages of the additional main screens, including the new information you provided and should have them available tomorrow. The model really looks complete with one of them inserted into the screen cutout! Thanks again.

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  3. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

re-post tip

I've posted this before I'll show it again to give you a little help

I manned it with hako star trek crew modified
    had to make their legs longer so I could bend them at the knees.
    had Kirk, Sulu and chekov at the helm.
    ahura at communications
    spock at navagation
    scott at engineering
    security standing in doorway
    bones standing looking at viewfinder.

I posted this on page 2

4. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Thanks for the compliments, all, it was a fun build. I was amazed at how "real" it looks, thanks again for designing it, Ron! Better than your first one? Hah! I just hid the screwups in mine with camera angles and fuzzy pictures.:-D BTW, the instructions do tell you already to fold those tabs inward. I just hadn't printed the final set yet when I built that section. (And I don't have the excuse that print quality was bad because of my failing printer, that part DID print clearly.) Hopefully, I'll be able to get my printer working again soon so I can populate the bridge and add a viewscreen print.

Scott K.
  5. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

What a fun model. Thank you for sharing.
  6. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Update to Assembly Instructions

Hi all,
    I have updated the assembly instructions for the Enterprise Bride to add clarity and fix some typos that Scott was so kind to point out. I have also edited the 4 pages of additional viewer screens, adding some new and missing information. These changes have been sent to Jon Leslie to add to the model download. If you can't wait, e-mail me and I'll send them to you.

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Both versions are on my downloads page as well Ron. I want to thank you for making this bridge. I finally got mine about 90% built, when I was chasing my cat and stepped on it. Doh! Now I'm having a fourth one printed up. The first three I had printed didn't come out right and the different printing places I went to still wanted to charge me. Anyway, thanks again.