Rolling when in reverse

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
Hi all --

I've been trying to get logged in to the the-gauge for a couple days now -- had some technical problems that got resolved with the tremendous help of the admin folks here at the-gauge. Wooohoooo! Thanks guys!! I can now post! :thumb: :D

I've been reading many posts over the last week or two trying to get up to speed on a few things. I'm like many of you -- picked the hobby back up after many years, and am now building out a layout with one of my sons. We're having a BLAST!

Now that I can post, I'd like to get some help on a puzzling situation I just noticed. I have a P2K GP38 that I am running on our brand new track layout setup with DCC. The track is all on one level -- no changes in grade. I noticed yesterday that when the loco is stopped and the direction button is indicating forward, with no throttle the locomotive stays put. When I simply change the direction button to reverse, with no throttle, the train starts to move slowly backwards. :eek: Any ideas?

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I'm kind of a novice with dcc, but some dcc decoders allow you to adjust the voltage at start up. If your's is set just a tad high, it might create the problem. The locomotive may run better in reverse than forward. For a more definitive answer, post this in the dcc forum.

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
Russ, thanks for the reply. Since I wasn't sure of the issue I posted it here. I'll take your suggestion and post it in the DCC forum.