Rolling By The Tunnel

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TomPM, Mar 7, 2007.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Just got word that a train would be passing by the tunnel that had some interesting cars. (Actually I spent a good portion of the evening running this train around the layout and watching it pass various features on the layout. Kind of fun to see the trains pass by what you have been working on.)

IHC L&NE 0-8-0 Switcher custom renumbered

Athearn/Roundhouse 36’ Flat car with tractors

Athearn/Roundhouse NYO&W wood reefer.
  2. TomPM

A friend’s MDC/Roundhouse Sun Oil old time tan car:

MDC/Roundhouse Sun Oil old time tan car:

MDC/Roundhouse Erie 40’ gondola

MDC/Roundhouse Hersheys wood reefer:
  3. TomPM

Accurail L&NE outside truss wood boxcar:

MDC/Roundhouse L&NE custom painted and decaled NE caboose:
  4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Outstanding Tom!!!

OUTSTANDING ROLL-BY TOM!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: your engine and cars are PERFECTLY weathered:thumb:, and the scene you shot the roll-by in looks SLAP AWESOME!!!:thumb::D
    GREAT JOB TOM!!!:thumb: :D -Deano
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

A great spot for a run-by, Tom, :thumb: and as usual, a nice selection of motive power and rolling stock.
    I picked up some L&NE lettering, including the fried egg, and a Tichy USRA singlesheathed boxcar, but the "egg" is too big to fit between the bracing on the carside. I'll letter the car for something else, and keep my eye on the "used" table at the LHS. I do have a particular car in mind. ;)

6. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Excellent Roll By ... weathering is fantastic..:thumb: :thumb:
  7. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i wish i could weather,bought an airbrush thinking it would make it easier.nope didnt help just added more complications! :D .very nice pics tom.--josh
  8. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Tom....I'm glad you got to the tunnel in time to take pics;)
    You have done an outstanding job on this area of the layout and the excellent weathering on, and choice of, cars (you don't see those everyday) is flat-out awesome:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    GOOD STUFF!!!!!!:thumb:
  9. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That is so great. I love the weathering and car choice. Nice Job!!!
  10. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I can't see through the tears in my eyes...(so I won't type any more...):cry:

By the way...What model is that sweet 0-8-0?? Did you detail it...???
  11. TomPM

Thanks guys!

That is a straight out of the box IHC 0-8-0 Switcher. No modifcations. The only thing I did was add the number to the sand dome and the back of the tender. I also added the engineer. And I weathered it.

I made a mistake No. 135 is not the one I changed the number. 135 is the number it came with. I have a second one that I changed from 135 to 132.
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

AWESOME weathering Tom and a SWEET roll-by to :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic Tom!! I would love to see a thread just on your layout - I don't think I've ever seen the whole thing, but from what I have seen it must be fantastic. :thumb: